Sr. Finance Specialist - Budget and ReportingApply now Job ID R77685 Updated date 06/11/2019 Location Muntinlupa, Calabarzon
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
1. Prepare and consolidate working templates for the projection of Annual Budget for short & long-term duration and for the monthly/quarterly adjustments of budget forecasts or Outlook regrounding. This includes the following:
- Regular review and validation of the budget assumptions to ensure relevance and appropriateness of data used
- Consolidation of budget requests for other site costs and projection of salary & benefits using approved run rates
- Projection of P&L, cashflow and cost per FTE to determine the impact of budget requests
- Preparation of loading sheets and the actual uploading of approved projection in the system and the reconciliation of the loaded data vs. approved budget.
- Regular check-in with LOB’s to gather and review budget assumptions
3. Prepare management reports such as cash utilization, cash projections, MBR/QBR, decks for budget and outlook review and other ad hoc reports
4. Assist in the simulation of cost-saving initiatives, projects or new investments, etc.
5. Assist in the review and update of the standard and procedure for Budget & Reporting
6. May be assigned or rotated within the budget team or Finance team
7. Identify and drive process improvements as needed
8. All other job-related duties that may be assigned from time to timeEducational Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), CMA not required but preferred
- With 2-3 years related experience, 1 year in supervisory role (preferred but not required).
- Preferably has working experience in multinational company, shared service / BPO or Call center
- Knowledge of standard accounting policies and procedures
- Knowledge in PeopleSoft or any Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Software/applications (SAP, Oracle) is an advantage
- Has analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Has advance skill in using MS Excel and proficient in using Powerpoint
- Has strong ownership and excellent follow thru
- Collaborates well within and across different functions
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).