The role will be responsible for the gathering, validation and consolidation of budget assumptions for the assigned LOB’s during Annual Budget Planning, update and review of the working templates and presentation or deployment decks, monthly or quarterly adjustment of budget forecasts, monthly review of actual expenses versus budget and variance analysis with assigned LOB’s, act as an LOB business partner by providing guidance and assistance related to budget or Finance queries, prepare management reports, and other ad hoc activities as assigned
· Manages the timely and accurate preparation of various reports such as but not limited to the following: P&L variance reports for the assigned LOB’s and Cash Utilization report, etc.
· Performs initial investigation and variance analysis of actual operating expenses vs. budget for the assigned LOB’s
· Conducts regular review of budget with LOB’s and provides the necessary guidance to optimize the company’s financial resources
· Generates and analyzes historical expenses and trends for assigned LOB’s
· Simulates the operating budget projection based on historical and latest run rates
· Assists the LOB’s in analyzing and validating their historical run rates
· Gathers and validates business assumptions and budget proposals
· Prepares the working template for the annual budget planning and quarterly forecasting
· Acts as a back-up for the loading of budget adjustments in the system
· Handles the budget set-up for the PR-tracking process
· Own the filing and archiving of all budget reports
· Support Finance team in the PR creations and SCR preparations for Finance activities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy; CPA is required
• At least 1-2 years of experience in handling budget and management reporting
• Preferably with 1-year audit experience
• Candidate must be proficient in MS application especially with Excel and Power point
• Has good problem-solving and analytical skills
• Results and customer focus
• Flexible, resilient, adaptable to changes and willing to extend reporting hours especially during budget season, month end closing and quarterly forecasting
• Anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations with the organizational parameters
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment and effective in time management
Please note that failure to attach your updated resume and failure to complete the internal questionnaire may result in your disqualification
Requisition open under local terms
Candidate must have appropriate paperwork to work in the Philippines
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.