Director, Business Banking Market Credit Executive (New Orleans)Apply now Job ID R88622 Updated date 12/04/2019 Location Metairie, Louisiana; Mandeville, Louisiana
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Small businesses are the backbone of America and a vital part of the economy as a whole. Their success is essential to economic growth and prosperity. We believe that confidence is the best business plan. Within Capital One’s Small Business Bank (SBB) division, we help our clients stand out with personalized advice and resources that can help them prepare for what’s next. We’ve helped over 450,000 business owners secure their finances, streamline their cash flow and save time on banking. We provide a variety of competitive savings, checking, escrow, lending and treasury management products. This is supported by our goal to help small businesses succeed. Our clients aren’t just our clients—they’re our business partners.
The Market Credit Executive (MCE) works closely with the Market Sales Executive (MSE) and Business Bankers to help drive new business and retain the Business Banking credit portfolio. Serve as the Credit Coach for the Market to ensure that the Bankers are observing the client selection model, maintaining loan profitability and meeting credit production, fee and overall revenue goals.
- Reviews and establishes objectives and procedures. Administering policies as they affect the Business Banking operation within the assigned region.
- Partners with the MSE to manage the Business Banking Officers to effectively meet all of their production and growth goals.
- Foster high levels of performance through candid feedback and coaching by working with the Bankers to ensure that they continue to improve product knowledge and credit skills.
- Coach Business Bankers to become a trusted ddvisor to our clients and to focus on building long term relationships.
- The MCE is a key member of the Regional Leadership team and will develop strong relationships with the Regional Executive, MSE other MCEs as well as all the other Business Partners.
- Lead pre-screen activities with Bankers, MSE, and underwriters.
- Direct client negotiation and participate in joint calling with the Business Bankers in support of priority credit opportunities.
- Manages Business Bankers to effectively meet customer and bank demands. Reviewing and augmenting the activities of Business Bankers through direct client contact.
- Maintains a sales culture within the region which is consistent with corporate sales strategies and objectives.
- Proactively manages team to balance risk and client needs.
- Works with the MSE to develop a strategic and profit plan for Business Banking within the region. Monitors and manages ongoing region performance (credit growth production) to established objectives.
- Ensures complete and accurate documentation is submitted so that proper loan underwriting and structuring can be achieved.
- Researches potential prospects and guides business bankers in capitalizing on opportunities to close sales with referrals.
- Monitors and reports status of all exceptions and past dues on commercial loans in accordance with loan policy. Follows up on credit quality ratings with Business Banker and reviews credits to identify and recommend changes on new and existing loan households.
- Participates in business portfolio assessment for their city/region.
- Helps the bank achieve Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) goals by participating in public relations activities and contacting local Community Reinvestment Act organizations within the community. Encourages similar participation among subordinates.
- Coordinate Business Banking activities with Trade Area Mangers in each designated geographic region to set Small Business product sales and service objectives. Monitors results versus objectives and recommends necessary strategic adjustments to ensure that objectives are reached.
- Identifies needs and arranges group and individual training to Retail Banking Staff in support of mass market Small Business sales and service effort. May participate directly in training.
- At least 8 years of business banking lending experience
- 10+ years of business banking lending experience
- 3 years of sales management experience
- Completion of a formal Credit Training Program
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).