Sr. Loan Closing Associate, Syndication Associate - Melville, NYApply now Job ID R96800 Updated date 05/22/2020 Location Melville, New York
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
The Senior Closing Associate is an experienced, qualified individual who possesses a thorough understanding of the basic principles governing loan documentation and perfection of security interests. They will drive the closing process for commercial loan products, including documentation gathering, submission of necessary paperwork and due diligence work. The Associate will have strong communication and organizational skills and will be able to interact with important stakeholders in a professional manner. The Associate will be able to complete tasks in a consistent and timely manner while having the ability to handle frequent changes.
- Drive the closing process for commercial loan products, including documentation gathering, submission of necessary paperwork, due diligence work.
- Identifies the expectations of the customer and takes actions to support the customer experience
- Demonstrates ability to balance data with other factors when making decisions.
- Ensure that new loans and renewals are closed in compliance with the Bank’s loan policy and in compliance with any other requirements designated by the credit approval.
- Work with Relationship Manager/Underwriter to gain an understanding of the key structural issues of loan transactions.
- Liaise and coordinate pre-closing requirements with internal and external clients (Underwriter, Relationship Manager, Syndication Desk, Borrowers, Lenders)
- Review legal documents and advise on funding mechanics and operational requirements as it pertains to internal booking locations, regional and currency policies
- When necessary, review title commitments and surveys to ensure that they do not contain any exceptions that are unacceptable to the Bank.
- Monitor and administer participations including sending wire transfers and processing payments and fees
- Articulate and focus within direct sphere of influence and when interacting with outside teams.
- Plans and balances workload
- Proactively identifies issues/opportunities and progresses appropriately
- Develops and provides guidance to others in team by sharing knowledge and training
- Can work in an ambiguous environment
- Remain current on all pending and proposed regulatory changes affecting compliance.
- Monitor and clear loan exceptions.
- Assist in cross training of junior associates.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 1 year of experience with the loan closing process
- At least 1 year of experience with ACBS, Loan IQ or other loan system
- At least 1 year of experience with Loan or Legal Documentation
- At least 1 year of experience with with Intralinks, SyndTrack or other similar applications
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).