Loan Operations, Syndication Closing Associate - Melville, NYApply now Job ID R96798 Updated date 05/20/2020 Location Melville, New York
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
The Loan Closer is primarily responsible for the closing & booking of syndicated commercial loan products across a wide variety of industries supported by Capital One’s commercial bank. The associate will drive the closing process in support of the underwriter, capital markets and the syndicate bank group, including the review of credit approvals, legal documentation, due diligence, & funding & booking mechanics. The ability to learn quickly and to adapt to change are important skills in this role. Additionally, important skills are effective communication, product knowledge & the ability to clearly convey complex concepts and issues in a concise way.
- Support the closing of syndicated loans across various industries including commercial real estate, sponsor finance, middle market & energy banking & products including construction loans, unitranche, letters of credit & foreign currency.
- Review legal documents to ensure documentation complies with Bank policy & procedure and accurately reflects the intentions of the credit approval
- Provide feedback on draft documents pertaining to loan booking and servicing mechanics
- Coordinate the completion of pre-closing requirements with internal & external clients (underwriters, syndication desk, borrowers, lenders and legal counsel)
- Responsible for the collection of flood due diligence, third party reports (appraisals, environmental, etc), & commercial insurance in consultation with real estate & insurance specialists
- Resolve issues that might impede closing and use judgement to involve the manager and internal partners when required
- Execute loan closing, funding & booking activities in ACBS in collaboration with all parties
- Effectively communicate deal information & pass off to the life-of-loan servicing team
- Compile collateral package & route to Collateral Monitoring group
- Compile escrow package for taxes and insurance & route to Escrow Team
- Coordinate the closing of ongoing amendments & loan trading as Administrative Agent
- Additional tasks include, the reconciliation of cash breaks & fee income, generation of reports & metrics, and testing of process & system enhancements
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- ACBS experience
- At least 1 year of experience in commercial loan booking, loan servicing, or loan closing
- Strong syndication product/industry knowledge
- Strong loan document comprehension & attention to detail
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).