Loan Operations, Closing Associate - Melville, NYApply now Job ID R96786 Updated date 05/20/2020 Location Melville, New York
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
The Closing Associate will plan and drive the closing process for commercial loan products, including managing interactions and communications with all stakeholders (External Counsel, RMs, Underwriters, Analysts, Clients, etc.) The selected candidate will review complex opportunities with RMs and Underwriters to identify any deal aspects that have adverse impacts on closing, booking, and/or funding processes. The Closing Associate will coordinate, organize and verify documentation received from External Counsel and other parties, ensuring documents are complete and accurately represent the approved transaction. The Closing Associate will have strong verbal and written communication skills, and will be well organized.
- Review new/existing lending opportunities to identify any deal aspects that may adversely impact the closing, booking and/or funding processes
- Consult with the RM/Underwriter to select and engage external counsel
- Review and verify documentation prepared by external counsel and all other parties to ensure that the loan documents are complete, accurate, meet all regulatory requirements and ensure compliance with all loan requirements, commitment and approval conditions, policies and procedures using prudent closing practices and proper documentation
- Prepare loan documentation for smaller facilities that meet the conditions to use internal documents
- Manage the schedule for loan closing, including ensuring that all necessary tasks are completed in a timely manner and meet established closing requirements and deadlines
- Ensure that KYC/AML screening has been conducted by the central KYC team. Work with all parties to resolve any and all issues that arise throughout and after the closing process
- Provide authorization for closing to occur as well as approval of booking and funding instructions
- Maintain close communication with all parties to ensure proper and timely settlement
- Ensure that all documentation packages are compiled accurately and routed in a timely manner
- Ensure that all post-approval /pre-closing requirements are accurately and appropriately documented
- Track and clear all post-closing items and exceptions
- Actively participate in all Deal Team, Sales and Production meetings; provide status updates to the closing pipeline report to all of the Deal Team members
- Perform high volume, complex monetary and non monetary transactions, ensuring service level agreements and accuracy
- Perform loan booking functions into ACBS, accounting system, timely and accurately
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 1 year of experience with commercial loan documentation, including co-lender transactions
- Ability to influence a variety of individuals to accomplish objectives
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).