Compliance Testing Manager – Capital Markets and SecuritiesApply now Job ID R77903 Updated date 06/14/2019 Location Melville, New York; New Orleans, Louisiana; Fairfield, New Jersey; Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Title: Compliance Testing Manager – Capital Markets and Securities
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One is one of the nation’s top 10 banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
The Compliance Testing Manager performs a key second line of defense role, to help ensure corporate initiatives and departmental processes specifically within the Capital Markets and Securities businesses comply with regulations. The Compliance Testing Manager will be responsible for performing quality assurance on testing executed by compliance testers.
The Compliance Testing Manager will support testers by:
- Providing guidance on development of test plans
- Communicating changes in testing procedure, including schedule changes
- Ensuring that testing results are executed timely, technically accurate, and reasonable
- Reviewing work of Testing Team
- Demonstrating strong problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Demonstrating strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrating strong negotiation and leadership skills
- Pursuing compliance certifications if not already certified
- Traveling to various Capital One locations if necessary
- Navigating MS Office applications
- Manage and develop team of Compliance Testers focused on Capital Markets and Securities
- Manage staffing assignments to ensure successful completion of calendar commitments
- Develop test plans, continually validate and improve test design
- Evaluate the accuracy of tests executed by compliance testers and adherence to processes and procedures
- Manage to testing schedules to ensure they are completed in appropriate timeframe
- Identify the need for improved data sourcing and partner with business and IT areas to develop improved data sources
- Manage data sourcing to ensure data is obtained following documented test plans and testing protocols
- Amend testing calendar as needed
- Analyze and document work results
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Compliance Advisors and Business Areas
- Engage with subject matter experts as needed to determine adherence to test procedures
- Provide updates on testing status as needed
- Support ICTT (Independent Compliance Transaction Testing) and Compliance audits and exams as needed
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent certification, or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of experience within accounting, or at least 5 years of experience in audit, or at least 5 years of experience in compliance, specifically within Capital Markets
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- At least 1 year of people management experience
- 5 years of Capital Markets compliance monitoring experience, or 5 years of auditing experience, or 5 years of compliance testing experience, specifically within Capital Markets
- 2 years of people management experience
- Extensive knowledge of CFTC, FINRA, SEC and Dodd-Frank – Volcker Rule regulations
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).