Commercial Loan Operations, Senior Closing Associate - Melville, NY
Experience Sr. Associate
Primary Address Melville, New York
Overview1307 Walt Whitman (22600), United States of America, Melville, New YorkCommercial Loan Operations, Senior Closing Associate - Melville, NY
Are you looking for a challenging role that includes the convenience of working virtually at home? Then a Capital One Commercial Ops role may be the role for you! You must be within 100 miles driving distance from our Capital One hub in Melville, NY.
Capital One Commercial Operations is looking for candidates to support the growing Commercial Loan Operations Closing Team. The team supports day-to-day operations of loans pertaining to unique or niche industries that require special handling and industry knowledge. The primary function is loan closing, booking, and funding within the Commercial Real Estate line of business that Capital One Commercial Loan Operations supports.
The ability to learn quickly and to adapt to change are important skills to the role as well as great communication skills and product knowledge. Additionally, important is the ability to clearly convey complex concepts and issues in a concise way; as well work collaboratively among stakeholders to help facilitate ongoing change management.
- Review complex loan documents, initiate and drive deal closing calls that include internal and external deal team members and counsel.
- Ensure documentation accurately reflects the intentions of the credit approval.
- Facilitates teamwork and continuity.
- Solid knowledge required for role and pursues gaining new knowledge when required.
- Positively accepts change and engages productively with team and relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure transactions are closed in compliance with the Bank’s loan policy and any other requirements designated by the credit approval.
- Work with Relationship Manager/Underwriter to understand the transaction and make sure that all relevant documentation is obtained for a timely closing.
- Liaise and coordinate pre-closing requirements with internal and external clients (Underwriter, Relationship Manager, Syndication Desk, Borrowers, Lenders).
- Demonstrates ability to balance required regulatory and policy requirements when making decisions.
- Remain current on all pending and proposed regulatory changes affecting compliance.
- Ensure Know Your Customer “KYC” requirements have been met prior to closing a transaction.
- Resolve issues that might impede closing and use judgement to involve the manager and internal counsel when required.
- Complete post-closing steps to ensure that all necessary documentation is received by downstream partners.
- Monitor and clear loan exceptions; respond to audit requests
- Book and fund new loans and related activities in loan accounting system.
- Perform process quality reviews of work such as cash break analysis and comprehensive testing of system enhancements.
- Develop, design, and follow inter-departmental controls and risk reducing processes.
- Prepare and submit periodic departmental, team, and metric reports.
- Maintain accuracy and customer satisfaction as the singular priority.
- Other duties as assigned
Work at Home Technology Requirements:
A secure home office environment that is free from background noise and distractions
A reliable private internet connection that is not supplied by using cellular data (hot spot)
Cable or fiber connections are preferred
Internet service download speeds must be at least 5 mbps, with 10+ mbps preferred - check your download speed using a speed test. A sample one can be foundhere. To test your home internet from your personal computer at home, type www.speedtest.net into the web browser of your personal computer.
Sustained ability to maintain latency less than 250 ms in voice calls is required
Hard wired connectivity is preferred, any use of wireless connectivity must be Private (non-public) and password protected through WPA2-PSK (AES) encryption. If you have any questions about your encryption, please consult with your internet provider
A private network is password protected where you have ownership or line of sight to every device on the network
Capital One reserves the right to request proof of internet provider, speed and service package from the associate
Requirements are subject to change, as new systems and technology are delivered. Capital One reserves the right to modify internet service requirements with sixty (60) days notice.
Candidates must live within 100 miles driving distance of one of the hub locations based in Melville, NY.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- At least 2 years of experience with Commercial Loan Operations
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience with Commercial Loan Operations
- At least 3 years of Commercial Loan Closing or Servicing experience
- At least 1 year of experience with ACBS
- Experience with Intralinks or SyndTrack
- Experience with Google Suite
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
How We Hire
We take finding great coworkers pretty seriously.
Step 1 Apply
It only takes a few minutes to complete our application and assessment.
Step 2 Screen and Schedule
If your application is a good match you’ll hear from one of our recruiters to set up a screening interview.
Step 3 Interview(s)
Now’s your chance to learn about the job, show us who you are, share why you would be a great addition to the team and determine if Capital One is the place for you.
Step 4 Decision
The team will discuss — if it’s a good fit for us and you, we’ll make it official!
How to Pick the Perfect Career Opportunity
Overwhelmed by a tough career choice? Read these tips from Devon Rollins, Senior Director of Cyber Intelligence, to help you accept the right offer with confidence.
Your wellbeing is our priority
Our benefits and total compensation package is designed for the whole person. Caring for both you and your family.
Healthy Body, Healthy Mind
You have options and we have the tools to help you decide which health plans best fit your needs.
Save Money, Make Money
Secure your present, plan for your future and reduce expenses along the way.
Time, Family and Advice
Options for your time, opportunities for your family, and advice along the way. It’s time to BeWell.
Here’s how the team fits together. We’re big on growth and knowing who and how coworkers can best support you.
You don't have any pinned jobs right now
Want more jobs like this?
Set a Job Alert
Explore Your Options
Build the next generation of digital tools for our customers—we’re always innovating solutions.Explore 517 Jobs
Leverage technology in new and powerful ways to pioneer change, all in the pursuit of changing banking for good.Explore 603 Jobs
When our customers have questions about our products and services, they’ll turn to you.Explore 13 Jobs
Design and create future-forward products on a team of innovators helping to change banking for good.Explore 341 Jobs
Write code and crunch numbers, all in pursuit of developing models that solve problems—and make us a better bank.Explore 74 Jobs
Use your tech skills to stop cyber threats and help make banking safe and secure for our customers.Explore 36 Jobs
Help us tell our story by creating memorable digital experiences for our customers through your creativity and ingenuity.Explore 85 Jobs
Take your place on the front lines, representing our brand, problem solving and building relationships with the customersExplore 196 Jobs
Your outgoing personality and tech-savvy know-how can make all the difference for the customers that visit our cafés.Explore 22 Jobs
Use cutting-edge software, audit methodologies, and data science to help us make great business decisions.Explore 18 Jobs
Use your bold perspective and specialized skills to drive projects and implement financial strategies—challenging the way banking is done.Explore 90 Jobs
Deliver expert advice, superior products and best-in-class service to our commercial partners.Explore 32 Jobs
Your entrepreneurial mindset and expertise leads to one-of-a-kind service for every small business owner you assist.Explore 25 Jobs
Use your expertise and perspective to bring insights to the table so we can grow in the right ways.Explore 185 Jobs
Be on the frontlines of attracting, engaging and retaining top talent that’s helping us change banking for good.Explore 55 Jobs
Marketing and Communications
Help us tell our story, connect with customers and introduce our products and to the world.Explore 14 Jobs
Help us communicate how we’re changing banking for good, and ensure our brand is one of the most recognized in the industry.Explore 36 Jobs
Analyze, develop and test the strategies that pull insights from our data and move us forward.Explore 22 Jobs
Use your strategic and analytical skills to help solve major challenges and make both our business and banking, better.Explore 89 Jobs
Offer simple answers to complex questions, while helping both our team and customers thrive.Explore 83 Jobs
Move our innovations closer to reality by mitigating legal risk with your expertise and ability to advise on strategic business decisions.Explore 16 Jobs