Wealth Management AssociateApply now Job ID R92238 Updated date 02/13/2020 Location McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
About This FinTech Company:
United Income is a financial technology company, headquartered in McLean, VA, that was recently acquired by Capital One. We combine the latest technology with time-tested wisdom to better understand the interconnectedness of our financial lives, allowing us to lower client’s taxes, boost retirement benefits, and improve the quality of investment management.
As of January 2020, we have over $1.2 billion of assets under management, 99 percent client retention, and 88 percent of clients have had their fees reduced (since our technology lowers our operating costs, which we share with our clients). We’ve attracted over 200 media stories about the company’s wealth-building innovations and thought leadership, including a Forbes article that said we have “an all-star team.” We are united in our mission to use new technology to increase the financial potential of our customers in ways that have not been possible in the past.
That’s where you come in. We want the best and the brightest. Work is more fun when you know that you’re surrounded by people who are as dedicated as you are.
Our goals are simple:
Create the best financial planning and money management solution in the world;
Create a culture that is ambitious, fun, smart, and attracts and retains the best talent in each of our major areas of business;
Meaningfully and measurably improve the financial lives of aging households.
- Support all client requests via phone, in person online (cases), or chat (future)
- Delight clients with a high level of client service, over delivering on expectations
- Serve as the voice of United Income when current or prospective clients contact UI
- Lead the operations process for transferring assets from current custodians to United Income platform
- Provide ongoing training and support for all remote teams in areas of United Income operations, UI software, client services, Apex operations, client service, and Salesforce CRM
- Complete all online or paper-based forms required for client transitions, recurring, or periodic instructions
- Interact with all clients independent of or with Wealth Manager/Retiring Advisor
- Interact daily with United Income’s custodian Apex to solve client or business needs
- Work with multiple custodians of acquired offices to understand transition needs and develop plans to convert accounts to United Income; assist with managing the acquired custodian relationships and troubleshooting custodian client issues
- Responsible for service KPIs for ongoing support or account transitioning
- Manage all money movements to include withdrawals, and deposits, process wires, check requests, IRA distributions, etc.
- Build and refine United Income financial plans based on existing client data available and advisor input with the goal of presenting to the client, or supporting the lead wealth manager ahead of the client meetings
- Keep clients informed of account status and updates especially during the account transition process; provide high level of white glove customer service
- Learn and become an expert with the United Income financial planning software, custodian processes, Apex, and Salesforce CRM
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 years of experience
- Series 65 (or within 2 months)
- Expert, current knowledge of investment products and services and the investment advisory world
- Exceptional verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, team oriented, and collaborative
- Multi-tasker in a fast paced environment with a can-do attitude
- Proven success at project management and client success
- Up to 25% Travel (sometimes higher during integration of acquisitions)
- Salesforce experience preferred
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).