Sr. Software EngineerApply now Job ID R83994 Updated date 11/07/2019 Location McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Are you very passionate in working in a collaborative work environment where you are challenged everyday with various kinds of problems and build highly customer centric software solutions and products? This team at Capital One works on mission critical systems that combat and prevent fraud for our millions of customers every day. This requires a startup mindset to solve problems and stay a step ahead of fraudsters. As a member of the Fraud Tech Team, you will be constantly engaged in creative ways of identifying and preventing fraud in different spaces of identity, transactions and payments.
You will be working in an Agile team to design, implement and deliver software products using cutting edge technologies. At Capital One, we use AWS Public cloud to build and deploy all the applications and systems. CI/CD pipelines are heavily used to automate the infrastructure, build, test and deploy the applications all the way from conception to production.
Whether your interest is building highly scalable real time APIs using Microservices or processing massive amounts of data using the latest Big Data Technologies or using Machine Learning for improving Fraud Detection Models, we have it all. If you have experience/interest in Java, Scala, Python, AWS, Kafka, Kubernetes technologies and are passionate about engineering and innovation and like to have fun while writing beautiful elegant solutions in a great team environment then we would love to talk to you.
- Design and develop the software solutions like APIs, Applications.
- Conduct code reviews and mentor any junior team members in the team
- Collaborate between cross-functional teams.
- Embrace DevOps and YBYO (You Build You Own) model
- Conduct design & code reviews
- Collaborate with other teams for end to end integration
- Work with Product Managers to build the “right” software
- Help recruit great software engineering teams.
- Document design decisions and enforce existing process guidelines
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of experience in software development including design, coding and testing
- At least 3 years of experience with Java and Java frameworks including Spring or Spring Boot
- At least 2 years of experience implementing and maintaining RESTful APIs
- At least 3 years of experience with Agile methodologies
- Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Experience leading an Engineering team
- Experience creating end to end data pipelines as well as CI/CD pipelines for applications delivery
- Experience in designing data models and structures to store various kinds of data in different formats.
- Experience with any cloud platform like AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).