Sr. Software Android EngineerApply now Job ID R67575 Updated date 02/08/2019 Location McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
At Capital One, the Android platform is recognized as an opportunity to reach our customers in unique, personal and engaging ways. Nothing is off limits as we explore exciting ways to take advantage of the full ecosystem of phones, tablets, Chromecast, Nexus Player, Android Wear, Google Glass and whatever future developments Google creates. Our engineers are provided with top of the line MacBook Pros, Thunderbolt monitors and the necessary tooling to develop the best possible products with the least amount of friction. We operate in small productive agile teams and use the best industry tools to collaborate across teams. If Jelly Bean and Kit Kat make you think of improved window buffer allocation and Host Card Emulation instead of tasty treats, then you need to come check us out!
- Develop Android client code solutions that deliver on Product Strategy and adhere to established engineering best practices, design guidelines and principles.
- Partner with Software Engineers, UX/UI, Quality Engineers, and Product Owners/Analysts to deliver high performing quality customer experiences that are engaging, purposeful and powerful in their simplicity.
- Actively participate in all team agile ceremonies and contributing to ensure that all team commitments are delivered on time and of the highest quality.
- Be an active advocate of the Android platform through both internal and external developer communities.
- Working to remain an active learner in all technologies related to Android development (Java, Android SDK, AndroidWear, Android Studio, Gradle, 3rd party libraries, Google developments, etc.).
- Influence and contribute to group discussions and incorporate feedback/communication from the broader team.
- Actively engage with developers outside of the local sprint team across various disciplines (Android, iOS, APIs, Web, etc.).
- Proficiency with Android Studio Tooling.
- Demonstrated investment in Android development knowledge growth through self-study, side projects and/or school/work experience.
- Contributed towards an open source project.
- Presented coding topics to develop peer group internal and external to work.
- Maintains an active public coding presence through GitHub.- Android sub-system or higher-level construct knowledge (Audio/Video, NDK, HCE, NFC, AOSP, Linux Kernel, etc.).
- Ability to detect and abstract common patterns in code.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience.
- At least 3 years of professional coding experience.
- At least 2 years of experience with Android.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.
- At least 4 years of software development experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- At least 2 years working on cross-location engineering teams.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).