Sr. Manager, Software Engineering - Card TechnologyApply now Job ID R88647 Updated date 12/04/2019 Location McLean, Virginia; Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Are you a lead software engineer that thrives in a vibrant, innovative and collaborative team? A master coder who has passion and a desire to remain hands-on in a rapid, dynamic environment? Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?” Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again. As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data.
- Demonstrate both effective people management and disciplined software development leadership.
- Deliver software that scales in a zero-downtime environment.
- Execution – Deliver solutions on-time with high bar of quality
- Work with Product Owners to understand the desired capability, to define and prioritize work, determine deliverables, and manage workloads.
- Collaborate with product and engineering leadership to construct a product delivery strategy, roadmaps, and timelines
- Lead technical discussions and must be able to work and influence a large number of cross functional teams.
- Build reusable solutions that can be shared across teams.
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Recruit top talent and ensure team members are sharpening their skills and growing their careers.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 8 years of experience in software development including design, coding, testing, and support.
- At least 1 year of cloud infrastructure experience.
- At least 1 year of experience with Agile, Kanban, or Scrum methodologies.
- Master’s Degree
- At least 5 years of people management with direct reports.
- 5+ years with UNIX/Linux commands and shell scripting.
- 5+ years of experience with JVM languages.
- 3+ years of experience with the Data Technologies (Spark, Kafka).
- 2+ years of experience in big data technologies (Hadoop, HDFS, MongoDB, PostGre SQL).
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).