Sr. Manager, Software EngineerApply now Job ID R64992 Updated date 01/11/2019 Location McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We are a Top-10 bank by deposits, a high-tech company, scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. Capital One is seeking an experienced Technology Lead/Manager to lead and own work-streams for critical cloud operations initiatives. You'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge Open Source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems. We’re looking for talented Senior Managers who are well-versed in emerging and traditional technologies which may include: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
What you’ll do:
- Lead one or more agile teams with people leadership responsibility
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box-thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
• You have a passion for shipping software in quick iterations: Test driven development & CI/CD & You are an Agilist
• You are experienced to operate in cloud elastic infrastructure such as AWS.
• You have a passion to build high performing engineering team.
• You thrive well in an environment of innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- -Bachelors Degree or Military Experience
- - At least 2 years’ experience with AWS, Cloud, RESTful APIs
- - At least 4 years’ experience Jenkins, Chef
- - At least 5 years’ experience as lead or manager within software development projects
- - At least 2 years’ experience as people manager
- - At least 3 years of experience in design and coding applications in Java, Python or Nodejs
- -At least 3 years of Docker Container or Kubernetes experience
- Masters Degree
- 3+ years in Apache Cassandra, Apache Spark or MongoDB
- 4+ years of experience deploying applications to the cloud (AWS)
- 3+ years of Micro-services Architecture experience
- 3+ years of experience with messaging tools such as Kafka, AWS SQS
- 4 + years of experience in DevOps and Automation using CICD tools and processes (such as Jenkins, Maven, Ansible, Artemis)
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).