Sr. Manager, Capital MarketsApply now Job ID R63095 Updated date 12/16/2018 Location McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
The Corporate Valuations Group (CVG) is seeking a candidate with a background in the valuations of financial instruments, and has experience working with valuation tools such as Bloomberg, PolyPaths, and QRM. The candidate will be a member of a team that provides an independent price verification for the Company’s financial assets and liabilities, as well as provide valuations of other assets and liabilities on an ad-hoc basis. The candidate will join the group as a Senior Manager, and will report to the Senior Director of CVG.
The candidate is expected to be stationed at the Capital One, McLean, VA office. CVG is charged with the responsibility of establishing and maintaining a strong governance around the Company’s fair valuations and processes. Clients of the group include senior management, business heads, regulators, and both internal and external audit. The group works closely with primary valuations providers, traders, 3rd party valuation vendors, market risk team, middle office, portfolio managers (treasury), credit risk management and accounting to ensure the accurate execution of valuation policy.
Key responsibilities for the position are:
- Assist the Senior Director in maintaining enterprise governance structure for valuations including Policies, Committees, and strong control framework around Capital One’s valuation practices.
- Analyze data to generate valuations assumptions
- Create, run and maintain valuation models as necessary
- Review valuation procedures, methodologies and assumptions
- Verify and validate various valuation models
- Perform extensive data integrity analysis for data that feeds into various valuation reports
- Escalate valuations dispute to senior management, as and when necessary
- Provide support for the review and audit of valuations by regulators and auditors
- Classify valuation levels based on ASC 820 (formerly FASB 157) guidelines
- Play a lead role in other ad-hoc projects and/or tasks
- Primarily perform and manage valuations for assigned portfolios (currently – HFS Commercial Mortgage Pipeline, Commercial Mortgage MSR, Auto Servicing Rights (ASR), Counterparty Valuation Adjustment (CVA) for derivatives )
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of capital markets experience
- Master’s Degree in any one of economics, engineering, finance, mathematics, statistics or any of the physical or life sciences
- At least 7 years of capital markets experience working in the front or middle office
- Ability to program/code/automate processes (preferably using Python)
- Experience using Bloomberg, QRM, PolyPaths, Triple Point
- Ability to understand complex capital markets products, and analyze transactions and process flows
- Ability to create valuation models
- Prior valuation experience on financial instruments (including derivatives)
- Experience with data analysis
- Knowledge of credit loss projections, and valuation techniques
- Knowledge of accounting rules related to fair values
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Enthusiasm and energy to work on tight deadlines
- Strong commitment to learn and operate outside of comfort zone.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).