Sr. Business Analyst – Enterprise Risk ManagementApply now Job ID R77002 Updated date 06/11/2019 Location McLean, Virginia; Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One’s Enterprise Risk Management Team (ERM) has responsibility for helping the overall organization identify, manage, and mitigate key risks that may inhibit the company from achieving its strategic objectives. The Risk Oversight, Analysis, and Reporting (ROAR) team within ERM plays a key role in assessing, analyzing, and reporting enterprise risks and related information for Capital One executive leadership, and our Board of Directors.
ERM is currently hiring for a Senior Analyst to join Capital One’s Risk Oversight, Analysis, and Reporting team. The Senior Analyst will have the opportunity to apply his/her analytical skills to some of the company's highest profile Risk Management projects, such as refreshing data sources and analysis of the company's risk appetite, assessing risk category health, and streamlining risk reporting to ensure Capital One’s continued stability and success.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated professional who is excited about driving continuous improvement through leveraging excellent analytical, and problem-solving skills, while working in an open, collaborative environment.
You will work in a highly visible team that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leverage technology to identify, and aggregate disparate risks to track thematic movement
- Partner with stakeholders to identify and assess risk inputs
- Identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve for them using analysis to make strategic or tactical recommendations
- Reporting and data visualization:
- Enhance reporting tools, including risk reporting mechanisms and key risk indicators
- Build risk reporting dashboards to monitor risk
- Continuous Learning Grounded Execution:
- Involve problem frame-works, develop hypotheses, test and analysis, solution development, scope operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts and develop a monitoring plan
- Strategic & analytic orientation:
- A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that both the role and partners rely on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management to govern decisions
Behaviors critical to success include, but are not limited to:
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity:
- S/he should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Strong communication skills:
- Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation:
- Display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. S/he should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record:
- Thrives in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 1 year of experience in analysis
- 1+ years of experience in SQL querying
- 1+ years of experience in risk management
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis
- 1+ years of experience in consulting
- 1+ years of experience in Statistical model building
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).