Senior Analyst, Capital Markets & RiskApply now Job ID R76738 Updated date 06/17/2019 Location McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Treasury is seeking a Senior Analyst to be a key member of Corporate Treasury's Collateral Management team. Collateral Management is responsible for providing operational support for margin operations related to the trading books including Derivatives, Securities, and Repo activities. We are looking for a team player that is highly dependable and intellectually curious.
- Run the collateral margining tools and partner with broker-dealers
- Recommend and implement process changes to improve operational efficiency and reporting enhancements
- Serve as the Capital Markets Ops subject matter expert on industry wide initiatives and legislation along with other members of the team
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships with key internal and external partners
- Support all corporate collateral management programs and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics, Math or Computer Science OR military experience
- At least 1 year in data science or statistics
- At least 1 year of experience with Python
- Experience with reporting/ data visualization tools such as Birst/Tableau
- Understanding of derivatives and mortgage backed securities
- Strong communication and analytical skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).