Software EngineerApply now Job ID R87387 Updated date 11/08/2019 Location McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you’ll be part of a team in our Small Business Card area that’s working closely with big data to build new tools and cutting edge frameworks to exploit advantages in the latest developments in cloud computing. You will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications used to build and launch models, analyze data, and make million dollar decisions. We work closely with our users and are looking for people who are excited to iterate quickly on solutions and see the impact in days, not months.
Are you a hands-on problem solver who seeks to understand a domain and solve its complex engineering or data challenges? Do you want to be empowered to influence the technology choices to get the job done? Are you the disruptor that pushes the envelope through innovation and new ideas, questioning the why and considering the what if?
We want to speak with you. Check out the role and responsibilities and apply today!
- Write, design, code, test, implement, debug, and validate applications; document design decisions and develop modular software components; monitor system performance metrics, and identify potential risks/issues.
- Collaborate in agile scrum team with product owners and fellow software engineers to deliver upon most important business and technical priorities.
- Provide active mentorship/guidance to fellow members of the agile tech team and participate in internal and external technology conference & communities.
What would you expect to work on here: Programming Languages (Java, Node.js, Python, C#, Go), Cloud Based Technologies (AWS, DevOps and Serverless), Big Data Technologies (Spark and Scala).
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of experience in software development
- At least 1 year of experience with Python
- At least 1 year of experience with Jenkins
- At least 1 year of experience in cloud native development
- Master’s Degree or PhD
- 4+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with Python
- 2+ years of experience with AWS
- 2+ years of experience with Spark and Scala
- 2+ years of experience with Relational and NoSQL Database Systems PostgreSQL or DynamoDB
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).