Product Managers are tech-savvy pioneers, with one eye on what’s new and the other on what’s next. Starting with the customer in mind, they develop cutting-edge products that bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. Product Managers are dedicated problem-solvers who leverage big data, agile principles, and human insights to reimagine the way people interact with money – creating experiences that simplify and enhance our customers’ lives.
Benefits start day one for full-time associates and after 90 days for part-time associates. Read more about our full benefits here.
The biggest qualities we look for are being autonomous and self-driven. This culture inspires you to take initiative and rewards you for doing so. I get to use all parts of my brain here.– Emma S., Product Manager
ResponsibilitiesJob ID R87280 Updated date 11/07/2019
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Product Management, Manager – Small Business Card
The Small Business Card team is a rapidly growing organization with a mission to fuel the courageous entrepreneurial spirit of small business owners. We have and continue to build undeniably great business grade products and experiences making us poised to grow new relationships. Our marketing team is leading the charge and seeking a product manager to drive intent and delivery for the Small Business Card website and lead generation efforts.
The person in this role will lead a sprint team and partner closely with marketers, designers, and other business partners to identify, prioritize, and implement web solutions to test and optimize the customer experience to ultimately drive conversions. We’re seeking a dedicated and creative product management professional who excels in a team environment, can communicate effectively, and can influence partners within SB Card and the broader Capital One enterprise.
As a product manager, you will:
- Lead a sprint team that builds world-class web experiences. Communicate your vision, write user stories, run agile sprint ceremonies, deliver flawless product releases, participate in PIs, and support the developers every step of the way
- Drive intent for the website experience and data infrastructure, including managing requests from partner teams to meet shared objectives
- Develop a roadmap and prioritize appropriately to reach our bold business goals and KPIs
- Drive the conversion funnel by employing a “test and learn” approach, including using tools such as Adobe Target and engaging in user research
- Bring a creative and analytical problem-solver mindset, living at the intersection of Human, Business and Technology
- Bring a collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to influence the organization and build meaningful partnerships
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Understanding of conversion funnel and the use of web metrics in driving decisions in a B2B market
- Experience managing web products, other customer-facing experiences
- Track record of defining strategy, creating alignment, and being accountable for outcomes
- Proven experience in building and shipping great products in an agile environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience in digital marketing with knowledge of marketing technology and tools (e.g., content management systems, testing tools such as Adobe Target, SEO, marketing data platforms, etc.)
- Experience with user research
- Entrepreneurial ability to identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience as product owner of sprint teams (creating a backlog, running ceremonies, driving release)
- At least 1 year of experience building web sites or web apps
- At least 1 year of experience with marketing and/or marketing technology infrastructure
- 2+ years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into client-facing digital products
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
- Consumer Credit Risk Management, Data Analytics Manager McLean, Virginia
- Principal Data Scientist McLean, Virginia
- Principal Associate, Data Science McLean, Virginia, Richmond, Virginia, Plano, Texas, New York, New York
- Business Manager McLean, Virginia