Senior Software EngineerApply now Job ID R81724 Updated date 08/12/2019 Location McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
To be a great technology-driven company, Capital One is committed to providing outstanding products and experiences for our customers. That means using the latest technology to build and deploy applications to power our businesses across both external and internal users. If you’re looking for a career opportunity involving modern technologies and cloud scale computing, while using your strong analytical and leadership skills to impact numerous applications then you’re in luck!
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Capital One Architecture Tools team, you will be delivering products that support strategic decision making and analysis capabilities across the business, information, technology and solution architectures. You will have the opportunity to work in a variety of areas affecting many facets of our business and on solutions that impact the entire enterprise.
- Senior coder who values well designed and crafted software
- Comfortable with front-end and back-end development using different languages and platforms
- Automate everything by default
- Believe in CI/CD philosophies and have practiced it in the past
- Enjoy performing multiple technical functions when needed
- Constant learner and teacher who can see the bigger picture for the business
- Be part of an Agile team to deliver high quality software against project timeline, quality, and requirements
- Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and provide appropriate solutions
- Perform code reviews and approval of Pull Requests to ensure adherence to good software design practices and Architecture strategy intent
- Participate in cross team meetings, scoping, and decision making
- Participate in production issue investigation
- Evangelize your team’s software across the organization to drive adoption
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 3 years of experience in full stack software engineering using React, Angular, Java, Node, or Go
- At least 1 year of experience with cloud computing
- At least 1 year of experience working with relational databases including PostgreSQL, MySQL or Oracle
- Experience with application architecture and/or integration patterns
- At least 1 year of experience implementing scalable and resilient cloud applications
- Knowledge of containerizing applications to deploy and run in a container orchestrator
- At least 1 year of experience with Microservices architecture and implementation
- Active contributor to a relevant open source project
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).