Senior Manager, Marketing AcquisitionsApply now Job ID R87571 Updated date 11/15/2019 Location McLean, Virginia; Wilmington, Delaware
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One, a Fortune Magazine 100 Best Companies to Work For, is seeking a Sr. Manager to lead our Direct Response pod within the Consumer Bank Marketing Acquisitions team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to take your leadership, marketing strategy and technical skills to the next level. With responsibility for developing and executing the Direct Mail and E-mail strategy, you’ll lead world class creative agencies and work with some of the smartest marketing analysts in the industry. Direct Response is a critical acquisition channel and were seeking an innovative, data-driven strategist that understands the value and reality of delivering outstanding omni-channel customer experiences.
If you have deep experience in creating direct marketing strategies and want to work on our most impactful business, then we have an opportunity you won’t want to pass up. We are looking for change agents that have a proven ability in developing and delivering customer experiences that will redefine our Direct Response channel strategy.
- Develop and implement marketing strategy for assigned channels and segments
- Synthesize and implement research insights, marketing trends, competitive landscape, and macro external factors into strategy recommendations
- Provide leadership to analyst teams to understand metrics in total business performance and build on analysis to identify new opportunities and adjust marketing/ testing strategies
- Drive and influence cross-functional teams including partners from: Pricing and Product, Marketing Technology, Digital Channels, Creative Strategy, Operations/Production, Legal etc.
- Lead development of learning agenda comprised of both consumer research and in-market testing
- Influence internal decision makers with formal recommendations and informal networking through excellent communication and presentation skills
- Work proactively in a cross-functional, agile marketing delivery team (Product Owners, Data and Business Analysts, Creative, Legal, Ops, etc.)
- Analyze business results, marketplace trends and consumer insights to inform/advance positioning, product strategy, claims, branding and marketing strategy.
- Brief and work directly with creative teams (both internal and external) to develop consumer communications, based on insight and brand positioning
- Adept in both emerging and traditional channel marketing, and highly skilled in creating breakthrough marketing communications
An ideal candidate should have:
- Extensive direct marketing and communications experience
- Experience leading a cross-functional team of 5 or more associates
- Experience in marketing plan and creative development, UX design, consumer research and innovative approaches to increasing response and engagement
- Experience managing creative teams and agencies, and writing effective creative briefs
- Ability able to handle details of multiple projects, deadlines and changing priorities simultaneously while maintaining excellent and accurate work
- An entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrating initiative, leadership, creativity and drive for results
- A curious mindset, ready to dig in on customer attitudes/behaviors/trends and draw implications for marketing
- Self-initiative and data proficiency with a passion for leveraging data, metrics and insights to drive results and learnings
- Proactivity to identify potential hurdles within a project and take the lead on solving them
- Highly effective communication skills with outstanding writing, editing, and presentation abilities
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in data-driven direct response marketing strategy
- At least 7 years of experience in planning, execution, and analysis of marketing programs
- At least 5 years of experience in leading cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment
- At least 5 years of experience in managing creative teams and agencies
- Masters in Business Administration
- 2 years of experience working in an Agile team environment
- 5 years of experience in financial marketing
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).