Senior Data Engineer(Java, Spark, Kafka)Apply now Job ID R64975 Updated date 01/11/2019 Location McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We would like to add a Software Engineer to our team working on critical customer facing applications. We love working with open source frameworks and working with latest and great technologies.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to leverage a wide range of tools and technologies and mentor other engineers in best practices and approaches. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Java, Python, Spring, NoSQL databases, relational databases, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few. This specific team is building out real-time fraud monitoring solutions using cutting edge big data technologies like Kafka, Flink, machine learning etc.
-Working with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improving software engineering practices
- Working within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Leading the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal and external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At Least 5 years experience managing and supporting the full life-cycle of IT development projects
- At Least 3 years experience building APIs
- At least 3 years experience in Spark, Kafka.
- At least 3 years experience with NoSQL and distributed databases.
- At Least 3 years experience with application development and design
- 6+ years experience working with Big data tools such as Kafka, Spark, Flink
-- 1+ years experience with AWS or other cloud technologies
At this time, Capital One Will Not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).