Senior Business Analyst, Retail Bank Acquisitions
Capital One’s Retail Bank has grown by leaps and bounds in the last couple of years. The Bank has risen up the league tables in deposits and checking relationships, capitalizing on industry-leading products and a unique challenger brand with superior digital capabilities and distinctive cafes and branches. The demand for digital banking is spiking while Capital One’s online checking and savings product offerings are uniquely positioned to meet that need.
Retail Bank’s marketing acquisitions strategy, supported by national TV advertising, will continue to be central to our growth as a bank going forward. The Performance Marketing Acquisitions team is focused on leveraging lower funnel marketing tactics in both direct response and digital channels to generate new customer relationships with our Checking and Savings customer offerings. Our newest challenge is in standing up a robust prospect marketing strategy to bring net new customers into the Capital One ecosystem. While the opportunity is huge, our prospect marketing strategy is still young.
That’s where you come in - your role will be to shape and influence the strategy and to own the key analytical agenda for the entire Prospect Acquisitions team. You'll be at the forefront of our ongoing modern marketing transformation, leading efforts to adopt cutting edge tools and tactics that are disrupting the marketing world. The ideal candidate will be able to navigate ambiguous marketing challenges, embrace an increasingly diverse and digital marketplace, answer key analytical questions with autonomy, and have a good understanding of digital marketing tactics and channels such as Search, Social, and Display. The ideal candidate will also be well versed in building business cases and conducting economic analysis towards optimizing potential investments.
This role will have an incredibly broad scope and high visibility - you will have regular opportunities to interact with and influence senior leaders. The role will help you build a killer skillset including honed analytical skills, cutting edge digital marketing Subject Matter Expertise, and Marketing Tech experience. The role plays heavily in the intersection between Marketing, Strategy, and Analytics - it will be perfect for those who have interest in seeing how all three come together to drive business growth.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis: Construct ROI and Business Case analysis of potential marketing investments for executive leadership. Provide economic analysis, and investment optimization, and strategic recommendations to Director+ marketing and product leaders.
- Strategy: Partner with Prospect Acquisitions Marketing leaders to develop a strategic roadmap for 2021 and beyond. Evaluate and assess viability of potential opportunities for scale and expansion.
- Marketing: Work with key partners to develop valuations solutions tailored to marketed populations and de-averaged by segment (e.g. product, channel, and marketing offer type) Partner closely with marketing strategists to design optimized offers, targeting, and channel strategies to drive accelerated growth in key digital marketing channels like paid search, display, and social.
- Partnership: Collaborate closely with colleagues across the organization including: Consumer insights, Decision Sciences, Product & Pricing, Finance and others – to deliver powerful solutions that can help us make better decisions.
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Valuations and modeling experience preferred but not necessary.
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: Tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business.
- Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Clear results orientation: Display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. Ability to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3 years of experience in Consulting, Analysis and/or Strategy
- At least 1 year of experience in digital/performance marketing
- Experience with A/B test design and analysis
- Master’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience in Consulting, Analysis and/or Strategy
- 1+ years of experience in Statistical model building
- 1+ years of experience in SQL querying and familiarity with complex data sets
- 1+ years of experience in Valuations modeling
- 2+ years of experience in digital/performance marketing
- Fundamental understanding of martech tools in Digital Media: programmatic buying via DSPs, audience targeting, DMPs, paid search marketing and social platforms
- Experience working with digital marketing agencies
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.