Principal Risk Specialist, Product ExperienceApply now Job ID R80185 Updated date 07/22/2019 Location McLean, Virginia; Wilmington, Delaware; Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
The Product Experience (“PX”) Risk Team focuses on product design and innovation and the behind-the-scenes operations that allow our customers to bank with confidence. PX risk managers work through unstructured problems and manage change while demonstrating superior problem-solving skills, strong business judgment, and executive presence.
If you have the passion to Protect our Customers and Protect our Bank, we need you!
As a Risk Manager, you will:
- Advise and consult with self-directed teams to help develop well-designed products, practices, and processes
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with product owners, process managers, compliance advisors, legal counsel, auditors, and other risk managers
- Manage multiple tasks independently to meet deadlines
- Coordinate work between multiple areas and engage in multiple work streams, simultaneously; leveraging/influencing business partners to drive results
- Effectively work in non-linear space and bring structure to deliver on our well-managed agenda
- Oversee risk event remediation impacting customers stemming from process breakdowns or other problems, developing permanent corrective actions
- Support second line of defense assurance reviews, internal audits, and regulatory exams
Successful Risk Managers in our culture are:
- Innovative, adaptive, and inclusive
- Exceptional communicators
- Able to blend strategic and tactical thinking and creative and analytical reasoning
- Creative, outside-the-box thinkers who have a customer-backed problem-solving approach
- Able to identify themes and apply learnings in highly ambiguous contexts
- Collaborative, team players with the ability to navigate and influence organizations
- Passionate about continuously learning
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in Risk Management
- At least 1 year of experience in Product Management
- At least 1 year of experience in Financial Services
- At least 1 year of experience in Technology
- Business Process Management certification, Lean or Green Belt Certification
- 3+ years of experience in Risk Management
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Services
- 3+ years of experience in Technology
- 3+ years of experience in Product Management
- Professional certification (i.e. CFE, CRM, CIA, etc.)
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).