Principal Associate, Compensation - Total RewardsApply now Job ID R84896 Updated date 10/29/2019 Location McLean, Virginia; Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Are you interested in joining a team of total rewards leaders who enable game-changing business results by providing programs and solutions that unleash greatness in our associates? Here at Capital One we bring a data-driven approach to compensation. If you have a passion for analyzing compensation and want to be part of a winning team then this is the job for you!
We work in a business-casual, collaborative environment where one’s contributions are recognized, successes are elevated and effort is rewarded. Capital One provides an environment where you can excel in your career while still maintaining a work life balance that others will desire. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
The ideal candidate should exhibit strong communication, influencing, and problem solving skills towards all stakeholders.
- Consult on compensation matters with Human Resource Consultants and Senior Director / VP level business leaders
- Perform deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing compensation programs and model potential impact of alternatives
- Conduct job evaluation using market data and internal evaluation and regularly analyze our market position on jobs
- Assist senior compensation consultants with development of proposals and presentations about compensation programs (including market data and appropriate pay levels/targets) to influence and educate senior level decision-makers
- Draft plans, educational materials, and communications designed to provide associates, managers, and HR partners with timely and accurate information regarding compensation initiatives
- Manage job descriptions for your clients, including auditing jobs for content and preparing job descriptions reflecting job responsibilities and requirements, as needed. Ensure all positions are classified appropriately according to FLSA
- Audit and analyze internal compensation practices in relation to relevant regulations. Develop recommendations for corrective actions as needed. Provide compliance consultation to HR and your business clients
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Compensation, or at least 2 years of experience in Finance, or at least 2 years of experience in Analytics, or a combination
- At least 2 years of experience with Excel and developing data-based stories in PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Statistics, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or Human Resources
- CCP - Certified Compensation Professional
- At least 4 years of experience in Compensation, at least 4 years of experience in Finance, or at least 4 years of experience in Analytics, or a combination of the three
- At least 2 years of experience in a client consulting role
- Experience with benchmarking tools such as MarketPay
- Experience building compensation models and conducting pay analysis
- Knowledge of human resources and compensation including knowledge of relevant Federal, State, Local laws/regulations relating to compensation
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).