Master, Data EngineeringApply now Job ID R84001 Updated date 09/11/2019 Location McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We are looking for driven individuals to join our team of passionate Software and Data Engineers who will help us create Capital One’s next generation of data products and capabilities. Do you possess deep knowledge across technologies and have a strong background in software and data engineering?
As a Master, Data Engineer you will:
- Manage teams of Software and Data Engineers who will build data pipeline frameworks to automate high-volume and real-time data delivery for our Spark and streaming data hub
- Transform complex analytical models in scalable, production-ready solutions
- Continuously integrate and ship code into our cloud production environments
- Develop cloud-based applications from the ground up using a modern technology stack
- Work directly with Product Owners and customers to deliver data products in a collaborative and agile environment
- Lead and develop sustainable data driven solutions with current new generation data technologies to drive our business and technology strategies
- Design robust systems with an eye on the long-term maintenance and support of the application
- Leverage reusable code modules to solve problems across the team and organization
- Handle multiple functions and roles for the projects and Agile teams
- Manage and mentor a team of data engineers (both full-time associates and/or third-party resources)
- Providing business, application and technology consulting in feasibility discussions with technology team members and business partners
- Define, execute and continuously improve our internal software architecture processes
- Be a technology thought leader and strategist
What We Have:
- Flexible work schedules
- Convenient office locations
- Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
- A startup mindset with the wallet of a top 10 bank
- Monthly innovation challenges dedicated to test driving cutting edge technologies
- Your choice of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of experience in Java or Python based software application development
- At least 3 years of people management experience
- At least 3 years of Agile experience
- At least 1 year of experience with a Cloud platform (AWS, Google, or Azure)
- 7+ years of experience with Data Engineering concepts and building and maintaining Big Data applications using open source software like Spark or Hadoop
- 7+ years of experience with Software Engineering
- Understanding of Test-Driven Development concepts and supportive tools like Cucumber
- Understanding of Object-Oriented and Functional programming concepts using languages like Python and Java
- Experience with developing and deploying applications on Cloud, preferably on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 1+ years’ experience designing, developing, and implementing APIs
- Familiarity with Configuration management tools like Ansible or Chef
- Familiarity with Application Container concepts using tools like Docker or Kubernetes
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).