Marketing Manager, Brand Strategy (Small Business Card)Apply now Job ID R70713 Updated date 03/28/2019 Location McLean, Virginia; Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Small businesses are the backbone of America and a vital part of the economy as a whole. Their success is essential to economic growth and prosperity. For Capital One’s Small Business Credit Card (SBC) division, we aspire to be the leading small business purchasing program in the United States. This is supported by our mission to help small businesses succeed. We are focused on growing new accounts and spend potential, delivering undeniably great products and service. We are investing in products and services built for heavy spending small businesses, enhanced data capabilities and business-grade marketing and distribution.
Capital One, a Fortune Magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For,” is seeking an innovative and passionate Manager of Marketing to deliver breakthrough marketing strategies that elevate our Small Business brand to #1 in the marketplace. This role will lead integrated marketing strategies that will flex muscles of traditional brand strategy, channel marketing, content development, experiential marketing and influencer-based executions.
- Analyze business results, marketplace trends and data-driven consumer insights to inform new product / feature positioning, claims, branding and marketing strategy
- Manage marketing campaigns from concept to launch, inclusive of strategy development, test design, campaign platform, integrated channel strategy, budget, and performance metrics
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders including product, design, PR, media and other channel leads to integrate campaigns across relevant channels
- Collaborate with analyst teams to understand total business performance, identify new opportunities and adjust marketing / testing strategies
- Influence internal decision makers and key stakeholders with formal recommendations and informal networking through excellent communication
- Establishing marketing objectives / brand goals for respective campaigns
- Responsible for creative execution or marketing asset creation
Associate should bring:
- Experience leading marketing and brand strategy efforts in large organizations
- A curious mindset with a passion for delivering bold, innovative marketing strategies
- An understanding of the buyer’s journey and how to optimize it at each stage across a variety of marketing channels (eg: direct mail, digital channels, content marketing, social media, print, radio, television).
- Experience managing creative teams and agencies
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid communication skills with experience conveying ideas to end users, leadership and partner teams alike
- A self-starter attitude and ability to work autonomously
- A “think big” mindset – willing to optimize and improve internal processes and as well as bring totally new, bold ideas to the table
- being a self-starter, some note to hint at the ability to be autonomous and/or the ability to optimize or improve internal processes. Also, we mention the marketing funnel, but could also see a case for wording it more so about the shopping journey as this may be a more familiar term with prospects.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of marketing experience
- At least 5 years leading brand strategy or product marketing
- At least 5 years leading large-scale integrated marketing campaigns
- 5+ years of experience in financial services marketing
- MBA, Marketing Specialty
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).