Manager, Software EngineerApply now Job ID R64681 Updated date 01/11/2019 Location McLean, Virginia; Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One is looking for a Manager, Software Engineer. As a Manager of Enterprise Application Development, you will be responsible for creating modern enterprise applications for Capital One employees and for researching and implementing new and emerging application platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in software engineering
- At least 3 years of experience working with application security guidelines and process
- At least 3 years of Agile and Leadership experience
- 1+ years of experience with Java and Python
- An active portfolio on Github or open source contributions
- 3+ years of experience with automated testing and CI and CD tools
- 3+ years of experience working within an Agile development environment and leading teams of developers
- 4+ years of experience in responsive web development using Node.js, Angular
- 4+ years of experience with RESTful web development using Node.js
- 4+ years of experience deploying and managing web and API platforms on AWS
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).