Manager, Quantitative AnalysisApply now Job ID R77788 Updated date 06/12/2019 Location McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Manager, Quantitative Analysis at Credit Review, you will lead model reviews contributing to key credit decisions. You will enhance your technical and analytical skills, while also working closely with business leaders and Divisional Model Risk Officers to advance modeling practices. With a network of over 200 Quants and Data Scientists, we’ve created a dynamic environment with plenty of room for you to learn, grow, and realize your full potential.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Design and lead model review projects with risk-based approaches
- Influence business and risk management leaders in adopting appropriate modeling methods and risk management practices
- Assess model risk and effectiveness of risk management in new business areas and analyze outcomes with limited data
- Collaborate with credit business review team members to provide seamless and thorough credit reviews
- Research and utilize industry leading practices for credit modeling and risk management
- Communicate model review results to senior management, model owners, Divisional Risk Officers and regulators
- Enhance risk identification to allow early warning discussion and escalation
- Utilize advanced quantitative techniques to detect risk trends and increase risk management efficiency
- Leverage education, colleagues and training opportunities to develop solutions to business problems
- Create benchmark models to challenge the status quo
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Quantitative Finance or Computer Science
- At least 4 years of experience in model development or risk management
- PhD in “STEM” field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics)
- 4+ years of experience in developing or risk management of credit models
- 1+ years of experience in Python, R or other open source languages
- 1+ years of experience working with regulatory requirements (e.g. CCAR/DFAST, ALLL, CECL)
- Strong written and executive level communication skills
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).