Manager, Financial Risk ManagementApply now Job ID R76328 Updated date 05/22/2019 Location McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One is seeking a motivated professional to join the Finance Risk Management (FRM) group as an Manager. The governance and control function within the FRM is responsible for identifying and monitoring the business risk associated with the balance sheet management activities and projects. This function is also responsible for managing the governance compliance requirements by other risk oversight functions across the company. We are seeking dedicated, disciplined, process and control professional who excels in a team environment. This person needs to have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and have the ability to adapt to change quickly. This person also needs to have experience in driving cross-functional projects.
The successful candidate will be evaluating the risks and controls associated within these balance sheet management processes:
- Managing the Company’s liquidity and interest rate risk.
- Managing the Company’s funds transfer pricing, and the overall balance sheet strategy
- Monitoring/reporting the model risk associated with financial models used across financial processes
- In addition, this candidate will be working with data management team and process automation teams on Bank's finance initiatives
Specific responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with functional teams across the business areas to assess the health over key risk processes, compliance requirements, functions and controls; identify areas for improvement and implement strategies to create more efficient and controlled operational processes
- Partner with model developers, data management team and line of business to develop effective model monitoring controls for financial models used for the interest rate risk management, FTP and capital market valuation processes. Manage the implementation of monitoring processes.
- Partner with other risk and compliance organizations across the Company to support proactive identification, assessment, monitoring and testing of potential risks and compliance requirements.
- Support teams across the business areas with change control, process mapping and overall operational effectiveness.
- Support business areas in refresh of policy and procedure documentation as well as designing new procedures.
- Act as Audit’s point of contact as well as monitor/track remediation of audit findings.
- Preferred candidates will have some experience with data curation, data management, analytic reporting tools, the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience, and the capacity and willingness to learn basic and eventually more complex financial concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
At least 3 years of banking experience in financial risk management functions
- At least 3 years of experience in market liquidity risk, model risk or operational risk management
- At least 3 years of experience in financial analysis
- Master’s Degree
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) license, or Financial Risk Manager (FRM) license, or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- 4 years of combined experience across risk management functions in first and second lines of defense
- 2 years of experience in or have knowledge of balance sheet management processes, including liquidity/market risk management and fund transfer price.
- 1 year of data analytical experience and has solid hands-on experience on data analytics tools, such as Python, SQL and Tableau.
- 1 year of experience explaining technical subject matter to non-technical audiences, and leading discussions across functions to ensure clarity around business direction and strategy
- Experience influencing senior level management, and developing strong relationships with both internal and external partner
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).