Manager, Financial Analysis - On Demand Finance Transformation (ODFT)Apply now Job ID R87486 Updated date 11/12/2019 Location McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One is seeking a motivated professional to join the Model Development & Engineering team as a Manager. This team is part of the On Demand Finance Transformation group (ODFT) and owns the modeling platform Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) for Net Interest Income & Sensitivity, Valuation, and Funds Transfer Pricing. We are looking for someone who can closely collaborate with peers to migrate the financial models used for Interest Rate Risk (IRR), Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) from benchmark yield curve as LIBOR to SOFR.
Position Title: Manager, Financial Analysis
- Remain on the leading edge of analytical technology with a passion for the newest and most innovative tools.
- Leverage the latest open source technologies and tools to develop/maintain financial models by identifying areas of opportunity in our existing framework.
- Integrate new technologies and analysis into decision-making frameworks.
- Problem Solve
- Learn to design, test and implement changes in various models and systems, based on external business requirements and internal modeling needs.
- Collaborate with the quantitative modeling team on new modeling developments.
- Socialize with Model Risk Office the solution approach to migrate the benchmark yield curve from Libor to SOFR and the impact on various models.
- Prepare presentations of complex economic concepts and research results to non-specialist audience and senior management.
- Support the development of a well-controlled framework to manage financial modeling for interest rate risk management.
- Maintain the efficiency and accuracy of our models through continuous improvement and application of best practices.
- Develop and maintain high quality and transparent documentation.
- Work with upstream and downstream teams in providing detailed data requirements related to benchmark yield curve migration.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in Finance, at least 4 years in Engineering, at least 4 years in Mathematics or a combination.
- At least 4 years of experience in building financial models and integrating them into production processes.
- At least 3 years of experience in QRM Modeling or ALM software.
- At least 2 years of experience in querying, analyzing, and working with data languages and platforms i.e. Python and SQL.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Operations Research, Engineering, Technology, Mathematics or a related quantitative field.
- CFA or CFA candidate.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills.
- Exhibits drive to continuously improve all aspects of their work in a collaborative fashion.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to quickly understand existing models and new requirements/business needs.
- Experience working BI reporting tools (i.e. Tableau and Birst).
- Experience delivering Data Governance and Data Quality Management concepts and practices within the financial services industry.
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies.
- 2 years of experience with scripting experience such as Python, Shell and familiarity with libraries such as pandas and numpy.
- 3-5 years of experience in asset/liability management (ALM) and/or financial planning and analysis (FP&A).
- Strong grasp of Interest Rate Risk and Transfer Pricing financial theory and methodologies.
- 2 years of experience in statistical modeling and regression analytics.
- Quantitative modeling and programming experience.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).