Manager, Capital MarketsApply now Job ID R69556 Updated date 03/11/2019 Location McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, is one of the largest, most analytically sophisticated Financial Services providers in the world. We offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
This position in Capital One’s Capital Markets Analytics - Trade Analytics and Valuation team offers the candidate a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic analytics and modeling team and work with various cross-functional teams, with a focus of providing expertise and leading the company’s valuation and reporting of derivatives. This role requires a deep understanding of products across Interest Rates, Foreign Exchange, and Commodities.
- Take ownership of the valuation and risk reporting for the traded market portfolios, including Interest Rates, FX, and Commodities
- Monthly and quarterly presentation of valuation results to various stakeholders and senior executives (ALM team, Balance Sheet management, Model Risk Office).
- Ensure that modeling assumptions to the valuation process are well grounded and regularly monitored and updated as appropriate. Ensure that reporting is in compliance with various regulations
- Work with model governance group to support model and methodology changes
- Partner with the Trading Desk and other cross-functional teams to enhance model implementation within Murex, Wall Street Systems, and TriplePoint.
- On-going dialogue with the Trading Desk, Commercial and other teams to understand the risk management and business needs and develop modeling tools to support the business initiatives
- Monitor mortgage market/policy/product updates and partner with the Trading Desk to assess actions required for the models; develop and implement test models as needed
- Enhance the modeling approach related to the Derivatives CCAR/DFAST stress testing process
- Partner with the Production and IT teams to identify and implement process enhancement initiatives
- Own the relationship with the Model Risk Office and internal/external auditors for modeling matters
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Engineering, Operations Research, Physics, Finance, Business or Technology
- At least 3 years’ experience in Derivatives Analytics and Valuation
- At least 3 years’ experience with securities, whole loans, derivatives or other fixed income products
- At least 2 years’ experience with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- 5+ years’ experience in derivatives analytics and valuation
- 3+ years’ experience with Capital Markets
- 3+ years’ experience with data analysis, Database skills, SQL, SAS, Python, R
- Experience working with Bloomberg, PolyPaths, QRM or other fixed income analytics tools
- Strong community skills and ability to explain model theories, implementation and impact and communicate results across the organization
- Strong understanding of primary risk metrics used in mortgage valuation process
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, deliver accurate results, and adhere to tight deadlines
- Strong communication skillsNo agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).