Enterprise Cloud ArchitectApply now Job ID R86723 Updated date 10/30/2019 Location McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Do you have a passion for architecting solutions that leverage the latest technologies to deliver secure, reliable, resilient and scalable data management solutions? Capital One is seeking a
Senior Manager, Cloud Solutions Architect to transform our data ecosystem.
Acting as an internal consultant to business and information technology delivery teams, the ideal candidate will architect and design solutions that are strategic for the business and built using latest technologies and techniques. Utilizing in-depth knowledge of infrastructure, open source technologies and data engineering, you will develop the strategy, achieve business and engineering buy-in, and monitor execution toward the target architecture across the enterprise.
As Sr. Manager - Enterprise Architect, you will need to understand how to apply technologies in categories such as:
- Cloud Computing Services (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Container ecosystem (Kubernetes, Docker, istio etc.)
- Agile engineering practices - Continuous Delivery, DevOps (P/IaaS Automation)
- Data Integration Patterns
- Machine learning - SageMaker, Apache Spark, etc
- Open Source Software
- Defining technical software architectures to drive our business and technology strategies for best tools company wide
- Possess extensive working knowledge with architectural tools in broader technology community
- Providing business, application and technology consulting in feasibility discussions with technology team members and business partners
- Defining, executing and continuously improving our internal software architecture processes
- Being a technology thought leader and strategist
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 10 years of experience in a Technology Leadership position
- At least 8 years of experience in leading Cloud Transformation Initiatives
- At least 4 years of experience in Application Architecture
- Master's Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Proven ability to champion an idea and bring a group to consensus.
- Ability to engage, influence and drive initiatives by patterning with technology executives.
- Proven ability to set technical strategy, applying an in-depth understanding of the business strategy governing that area
- Excellent problem-solving skills involving complex and ambiguous issues
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).