Director, UM Customer Management
Category Business Analyst
Primary Address McLean, Virginia
OverviewLocations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, VirginiaDirector, UM Customer Management
As a Business Director at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major companychallenges.You’llteam with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimatelyimpact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight,encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuouslearning, and rewards innovation.
- Strategic leadership: Develop business strategies that will drive growth, profitability, and competitivesuccess for Capital One in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory demands
- Leadership: May manage and develop multiple analysts. Coaching and mentoring associates with agoal of developing and retaining talent at Capital One
- Product: Develop and implement new product and pricing strategies for various lending products;lead product level data modeling/analytics
- Marketing: Lead direct-to-consumer marketing efforts for select products, and strategic intent forproducts distributed through the retail channel. Build targeted insights to inform the design anddevelopment of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designedto deliver on new go-to-market strategies
- Credit Risk: Drive step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of futureconsumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses usingrigorous monitoring and analysis
- Execution: Manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements andexecute against the product strategy. Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Financeand others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Strategic; analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving basedon analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation,given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity:Theyshould be a tenacious decision maker, ableto bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Solid people leadership experience: Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performingteam, as well as business partners across the enterprise. Theyshould foster innovation, drive criticaldecisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able toconsistently deliver results
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials,coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect,interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving bothshort and long termgoals.Theyshould be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previousconsulting experience is a plus
Bachelor’s degree or military experience
At least 7 years of experience in analysis
2+ years of experience in financial services
1+ year of experience in consulting
3+ years of experience in people management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
How We Hire
We take finding great coworkers pretty seriously.
Step 1 Apply
It only takes a few minutes to complete our application and assessment.
Step 2 Screen and Schedule
If your application is a good match you’ll hear from one of our recruiters to set up a screening interview.
Step 3 Interview(s)
Now’s your chance to learn about the job, show us who you are, share why you would be a great addition to the team and determine if Capital One is the place for you.
Step 4 Decision
The team will discuss — if it’s a good fit for us and you, we’ll make it official!
How to Pick the Perfect Career Opportunity
Overwhelmed by a tough career choice? Read these tips from Devon Rollins, Senior Director of Cyber Intelligence, to help you accept the right offer with confidence.
Your wellbeing is our priority
Our benefits and total compensation package is designed for the whole person. Caring for both you and your family.
Healthy Body, Healthy Mind
You have options and we have the tools to help you decide which health plans best fit your needs.
Save Money, Make Money
Secure your present, plan for your future and reduce expenses along the way.
Time, Family and Advice
Options for your time, opportunities for your family, and advice along the way. It’s time to BeWell.
Here’s how the team fits together. We’re big on growth and knowing who and how coworkers can best support you.
Business Director (Remote Eligible)McLean, Virginia
Business Director, Emerging Merchant Business (Remote Eligible)McLean, Virginia
Senior Director, Climate Scenario AnalysisMcLean, Virginia
Business Director - Deposit Forecasting & OptimizationMcLean, Virginia
You don't have any pinned jobs right now
Want more jobs like this?
Set a Job Alert
Explore Your Options
Build the next generation of digital tools for our customers—we’re always innovating solutions.Explore 819 Jobs
Leverage technology in new and powerful ways to pioneer change, all in the pursuit of changing banking for good.Explore 920 Jobs
When our customers have questions about our products and services, they’ll turn to you.Explore 1 Jobs
Design and create future-forward products on a team of innovators helping to change banking for good.Explore 190 Jobs
Write code and crunch numbers, all in pursuit of developing models that solve problems—and make us a better bank.Explore 75 Jobs
Use your tech skills to stop cyber threats and help make banking safe and secure for our customers.Explore 33 Jobs
Help us tell our story by creating memorable digital experiences for our customers through your creativity and ingenuity.Explore 54 Jobs
Take your place on the front lines, representing our brand, problem solving and building relationships with the customersExplore 200 Jobs
Your outgoing personality and tech-savvy know-how can make all the difference for the customers that visit our cafés.Explore 35 Jobs
Use cutting-edge software, audit methodologies, and data science to help us make great business decisions.Explore 18 Jobs
Use your bold perspective and specialized skills to drive projects and implement financial strategies—challenging the way banking is done.Explore 56 Jobs
Deliver expert advice, superior products and best-in-class service to our commercial partners.Explore 43 Jobs
Your entrepreneurial mindset and expertise leads to one-of-a-kind service for every small business owner you assist.Explore 17 Jobs
Use your expertise and perspective to bring insights to the table so we can grow in the right ways.Explore 120 Jobs
Be on the frontlines of attracting, engaging and retaining top talent that’s helping us change banking for good.Explore 16 Jobs
Marketing and Communications
Help us tell our story, connect with customers and introduce our products and to the world.Explore 3 Jobs
Help us communicate how we’re changing banking for good, and ensure our brand is one of the most recognized in the industry.Explore 33 Jobs
Analyze, develop and test the strategies that pull insights from our data and move us forward.Explore 38 Jobs
Use your strategic and analytical skills to help solve major challenges and make both our business and banking, better.Explore 67 Jobs
Offer simple answers to complex questions, while helping both our team and customers thrive.Explore 42 Jobs
Move our innovations closer to reality by mitigating legal risk with your expertise and ability to advise on strategic business decisions.Explore 16 Jobs