Director, Retail Bank Learning & DevelopmentApply now Job ID R81878 Updated date 08/13/2019 Location McLean, Virginia; Wilmington, Delaware
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
This Director level, strategic role will have the responsibility of driving the talent learning and development agenda for business segments within Capital One's Retail and Direct Bank. With visionary leadership, this individual will guide a team of talented Learning Experience Designers and Facilitators to create world-class learning experiences for our Capital One associates. This individual will partner closely with key business leaders to understand intent and recommend appropriate digital-first learning solutions to enable that intent.
- Build close partnerships with Retail and Direct Bank Leaders to understand imperatives, gain insights into critical talent drivers for the organization, and consult on the appropriate talent development agenda.
- Lead and manage a team of learning professionals who consult, design, develop, curate, and deliver learning solutions for front line and home office audiences.
- Accountable for large-scale Learning programs such as new hire onboarding, job-specific skills, cultural transformation, coaching, and more.
- Partner with key business and Human Resource partners to scope learning needs for new initiatives.
- Partner with other Learning & Development professionals across the Enterprise to gain efficiencies and share best practices.
- Drive the adoption of innovative digital learning solutions, created in-house and through vendor partnerships.
- Manage a pipeline of up to 50 simultaneous learning projects with multiple deliverables and owners, keeping the team on track to deliver high quality products on schedule.
- Work with other Learning teams across the company, as well as HR partners, to share best practices and gain leverage through content reusability.
- Partner with analysts to measure the impact of learning on business success, as well as to identify performance trends as an input to future learning efforts.
- Recommend appropriate Change Management solutions to drive adoption and support associates.
- Coach and develop direct reports to enable them to bring their best skills and talents to Capital One, and to continue to grow.
- Represent learning in broader project efforts, ensuring an early focus on the implementation needs to ensure effective delivery in alignment with project timeline goals.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant learning trends, industry benchmarks, and leading edge technology advancements.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in client facing consulting
- At least 5 years of experience in learning and development
- At least 5 years of experience in people management
- At least 3 years of experience in project management
- At least 5 years of contact center or operations experience
- Master’s Degree in Business, Instructional Design, Organizational Learning, Human Resource Development, or related field
- At least 10 years of experience in client facing consulting
- At least 7 years of experience in people management
- At least 7 years of experience in learning and development
- At least 7 years of experience in a digital organization or in retail support
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. No agencies please.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).