As a Director of Program Management at Capital One you will help the Enterprise Data Management (EDM) department create and shape the 2nd-line data risk management strategy and lead teams through high priority projects and initiatives. You will guide and collaborate with smart and passionate leaders to influence results that have a direct impact on Capital One’s risk posture. You lead important and exciting projects from day one, working alongside key stakeholders across the company. In this role you will focus on taking a product first mindset to the work, influencing the strategy and initiatives to take a customer backed approach. You will also help drive and develop the Project Management Office for EDM with a focus on delivering the highest priority and highest value work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads teams to drive complex projects and programs across functional areas by providing strategic direction.
- Provides Product Management direction to initiatives that have been deemed to have product focus, examples include, developing a data risk management reporting framework, portal and dashboard.
- Takes a data first approach to problem solving and continuous improvement
- Leads Product Management practices such as design thinking sessions and OKR development sessions to help drive the optimal customer first outcomes
- Designs, develops, and manages project plans in a complex dynamic environment, revising needs to meet changing requirements
- Ensures projects are being delivered on time and on budget within a challenging environment while simultaneously managing risk
- Partners cross-functionally with project customers to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery
- Builds relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
- Delivers process improvements where necessary to optimize delivery
- Take a strategic approach to managing a portfolio of initiatives and delivery work
The person will:
- Exhibit outstanding influencing skills to effectively drive initiatives / product / program efforts
- Demonstrate a proven track record of excellent project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage work in a dynamic complex environment
- Display a passion for coaching and developing a team of associates through their leadership style
- Have excellent communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform and influence outcomes
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 Years of Project Management experience
- At least 3 Years of People Management experience
- Master’s degree, preferably MBA
- At least 8 years of Project Management experience
- At least 5 years of People Management experience
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.