Director of Marketing DataApply now Job ID R76970 Updated date 06/06/2019 Location McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director of Marketing Data
The Bank Marketing Technology (MarTech) team at Capital One is seeking a qualified individual to lead the initial build out and roadmap of the Marketing-focused Data and Audience (identifiable customers and pre-customers) Platform capabilities that will fuel people-based marketing at Capital One. This role is a Product/Platform owner role and will have Engineering counterparts to helm the architectural and deep technical aspects of the Platform. This role will report to Head of Marketing and Ad Tech at Capital One.
About the Role:
- Provide business and subject matter leadership to blueprint what a Unified Customer Data platform will look like for People-based marketing
- Driving force in build vs buy evaluation – provide the must-have and road-map requirements for the next generation Customer Data Platform
- Platform owner for the current state customer data solution
- Guide with current and forward thinking Industry practices on building the Data foundation for Marketing
- Conceptualize and build an actionable Customer Golden Record which can be used in a real-time, responsive marketing ecosystem
- Closely work with other lines of business leaders and technology partners to drive realization of the blueprint in a way that benefits the enterprise
- Own budgetary and spend actions related to Customer and known Pre-customer data
- Participate in deep architectural conversations with source data owners, solution owners and Technology leaders
- Manage relationships with external partners that may be leveraged in the work stream
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in marketing or computer science
- At least 10 years of overall work experience with 5 years of marketing or digital experience
- Strong Experience as a Platform Owner or a Delivery Leader for Customer Data Management Platforms (CDP, MDM, MDL, etc) in the Marketing context
- Experience with both build and buy pathways (examples of buy choices: AgilOne, Redpoint, etc)
- Experience in leveraging unified customer data to drive real-time and batch based marketing use cases
- Strong understanding of customer data models and audience constructs – does not shy away from interacting with data hands on
- Experience in internally built or commercially sourced identity resolution solutions
- Experience stitching together online and offline behavioral elements
- Define business rules around data for aggregation purposes and use in multi-channel marketing
- Experience in how data is used for decisioning and how decisioning outcomes drive data attributes in marketing
- Experience in organizing data to drive 1:1 personalization
- Savvy in modern methods of building unified and actionable customer data sets (ex: using streaming, open source tech, etc). Understands when to stream and when not to stream data
- Experience in data integration best practices for sourcing and refreshing data from other systems
- Understanding of how marketing data is used in measurement and marketing analytics
- Build a practical roadmap that prioritizes features based on high business value, build complexity and delivers releases into market in a rapid, agile fashion
- Experience in cloud-hosted solutions; AWS experience ideal
- Strong written communication skills and public speaking; able to share work confidently and in the right presentation frame based on audience
- Proven experience in leading teams of people
- Lead while under pressure, as well as being highly responsive to business needs
- Excellent digital marketing and ad-tech savvy, strategic thinking ability and grasp of program management fundamentals
- Ideal candidate will have financial services or retail industry experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).