Cyber Standards and Process AnalystApply now Job ID R95347 Updated date 03/25/2020 Location McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Pick up the newspaper on any given day and you will read about yet another organization having its systems disrupted and valuable data lost or compromised. Integrating a collection of capabilities that enable an organization to reliably achieve objectives, address uncertainty and act with integrity is important for a successful business and Capital One’s Cyber Team is at the forefront.
Capital One’s innovative Cyber Laws, Regulations, Guidance (LRG) Standards and Procedures (S&P) Program is seeking a Principal Associate (PA) to work closely within our cyber organization, the wider enterprise, and across the global financial services sector. The LRG S&P Program supports Capital One’s security and privacy processes for selecting safeguards to protect organizational operations, organizational assets, individuals, other organizations from a diverse set of threats. In addition, we also manage processes to enable the business, and manage the risks associated with non-compliance.
Responsibilities: Responsible for developing and maintaining Information Security Standards and Procedures in alignment with regulatory requirements, industry best practices, and organizational strategy, as well as managing the risks associated with non-compliance.
- At least 3 years of information security or risk management experience
- At least 3 years of experience in cybersecurity, privacy, or technology industry standards (ISO 27001, ISO 27002, NIST 800 series, GLBA, GDPR, FFIEC, COBIT, PCI-DSS, ITIL, or FISMA)
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience managing policy, standards, procedures, internal controls, risk assessments, exceptions, and internal IT control testing or operational auditing
- Experience in the domain of consulting or advisory
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, such as the cloud
- Obtained or demonstrates an active pursuit of one or more of the following certifications: Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), AWS certifications, or other related certifications
- Familiarity with processes and tools used to aggregate and harmonize all compliance requirements applicable to an organization
- Demonstrates some level of abilities or proven success with leveraging creative thinking and problem-solving skills, individual initiative, and utilizing G-Suite or MS Office
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).