Business Manager - Products & Channels, Walmart PartnershipApply now Job ID R73476 Updated date 06/06/2019 Location McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Are you hungry to be at the forefront of innovation, to help define and create a never-been-done-before experience that will benefit hundreds of millions of Americans?
Capital One is partnering with Walmart, the largest company in the US by revenue, to revolutionize the future of retail for Americans. With Walmart’s size and scale and Capital One’s tech horsepower and credit underwriting capabilities, we’ll create a revolutionary payments platform and credit card program. We need innovative, adaptive, go-getters to propel us forward on this journey.
As a Business Manager at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibilities, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
The business manager would work to establish and optimize new customer acquisitions strategies through direct mail and digital channels (e.g., website, search, marketing affiliates).
Specific responsibilities include:
- Marketing and financial analysis: Identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement. Then perform analysis to make strategic or tactical recommendations to address the opportunity. This requires strong analytical skills, human-centered thinking, and great business judgment. Analysis could include how to optimize channels, marketing efforts, or the application process and the financial impacts of any changes.
- Product analysis: Perform analytics to assist in developing new product features
- Project management: Build and leverage the capabilities of a team and business partners to deliver results
- Communications: Synthesizing findings from analysis and sharing recommendations with management and business partners
- Testing: Developing and executing tests to optimize business performance and innovate
- Implementation: Develop solutions to implement ideas or develop new channels, scope operational feasibility and lead implementation efforts
- People development: Coaching and mentoring associates with a goal of developing and retaining talent at Capital One
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in financial, marketing, or quantitative analysis or in management consulting
- 4+ years of experience in financial or quantitative analysis
- 1+ years of experience in SQL querying and / or Python
- 1+ years of credit card, marketing analysis, or management consulting experience
- 1+ years of people management experience
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).