Business Analyst Manager-Cafe Market Strategy
Category Business Analyst
Primary Address McLean, Virginia
Overview1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, VirginiaBusiness Analyst Manager-Cafe Market Strategy
The Retail Bank is embarking on an audacious blitz to grow Customers and deposits – via compelling new products, competitive pricing, and groundbreaking market strategies. As we hope to build a national banking brand, we’ve started to scale our physical presence nationally, which serves as our way of adding a truly revolutionary physical customer experience to our standout marketing, industry-leading products, and an award-winning digital experience. These strategies are resulting in us attracting a wave of new customers. Our Café network is a critical component in our journey to grow and expand as a national Bank.
Our Café Market Strategy team is looking for a talented Business Manager to help us shape our long-term Café strategy. We are working to determine how our Cafés should fit into our long-term bank ecosystem and attract new customers. Are you interested in partnering with a team of analysts to understand what value our Cafés are driving both within our markets and to our customers? Do you crave white-space and the opportunity to create & solve analysis that will shape a large bank’s long-term network strategy? Are you excited by the opportunity to marry data & empirical, on-the-ground analysis to relentlessly pursue hypotheses until the case is solved? If so, read on!
Newcomers to the Consumer Bank will find a young, pulled-up-by-the-bootstraps, hungry organization looking to expand rapidly, build national-scale, and frankly shock the industry – using our physical presence & marketing as a key lever to do so. Roles in the Bank are broad in scope and responsibility - this opportunity is definitely no exception. If you’d like to be in an ultimate real-life classroom and if the opportunity to shape the future of the Bank’s flagship customer experience excites you, this is the opportunity for you!
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic leadership: Develop business strategies that will drive growth, profitability, and competitive success for Capital One in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory demands
- Leadership: May manage and develop 1-2 analysts. Coaching and mentoring associates with a goal of developing and retaining talent at Capital One
- Product: Develop and implement new product and pricing strategies for various lending products; lead product level modeling/analytics
- Marketing: Lead direct-to-consumer marketing efforts for select products, and strategic intent for products distributed through the retail channel. Build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go-to-market strategies
- Credit Risk: Drive step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Execution: Manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and execute against the product strategy. Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Solid people leadership experience: Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the enterprise. He/she should foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Keep abreast with industry trends and leverage expertise to influence others’ adoption of new technologies into their respective initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in analysis
- Master’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in analysis
- 2+ years of experience in financial services
- 1+ year of experience in consulting
- 2+ years of experience in people management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
How We Hire
We take finding great coworkers pretty seriously.
Step 1 Apply
It only takes a few minutes to complete our application and assessment.
Step 2 Screen and Schedule
If your application is a good match you’ll hear from one of our recruiters to set up a screening interview.
Step 3 Interview(s)
Now’s your chance to learn about the job, show us who you are, share why you would be a great addition to the team and determine if Capital One is the place for you.
Step 4 Decision
The team will discuss — if it’s a good fit for us and you, we’ll make it official!
How to Pick the Perfect Career Opportunity
Overwhelmed by a tough career choice? Read these tips from Devon Rollins, Senior Director of Cyber Intelligence, to help you accept the right offer with confidence.
Your wellbeing is our priority
Our benefits and total compensation package is designed for the whole person. Caring for both you and your family.
Healthy Body, Healthy Mind
You have options and we have the tools to help you decide which health plans best fit your needs.
Save Money, Make Money
Secure your present, plan for your future and reduce expenses along the way.
Time, Family and Advice
Options for your time, opportunities for your family, and advice along the way. It’s time to BeWell.
Here’s how the team fits together. We’re big on growth and knowing who and how coworkers can best support you.
Summit for Developing Leaders Attendees Only - Early Internship ProgramMcLean, Virginia
Business Analyst Associate - 2022McLean, Virginia
MBA Intern - Business Analysis - Summer 2022McLean, Virginia
Business Analyst Intern - Summer 2022McLean, Virginia
You don't have any pinned jobs right now
Want more jobs like this?
Set a Job Alert
Explore Your Options
Build the next generation of digital tools for our customers—we’re always innovating solutions.Explore 437 Jobs
Leverage technology in new and powerful ways to pioneer change, all in the pursuit of changing banking for good.Explore 539 Jobs
When our customers have questions about our products and services, they’ll turn to you.Explore 6 Jobs
Design and create future-forward products on a team of innovators helping to change banking for good.Explore 348 Jobs
Write code and crunch numbers, all in pursuit of developing models that solve problems—and make us a better bank.Explore 64 Jobs
Use your tech skills to stop cyber threats and help make banking safe and secure for our customers.Explore 48 Jobs
Help us tell our story by creating memorable digital experiences for our customers through your creativity and ingenuity.Explore 82 Jobs
Take your place on the front lines, representing our brand, problem solving and building relationships with the customersExplore 174 Jobs
Your outgoing personality and tech-savvy know-how can make all the difference for the customers that visit our cafés.Explore 32 Jobs
Use cutting-edge software, audit methodologies, and data science to help us make great business decisions.Explore 12 Jobs
Use your bold perspective and specialized skills to drive projects and implement financial strategies—challenging the way banking is done.Explore 84 Jobs
Deliver expert advice, superior products and best-in-class service to our commercial partners.Explore 44 Jobs
Your entrepreneurial mindset and expertise leads to one-of-a-kind service for every small business owner you assist.Explore 19 Jobs
Use your expertise and perspective to bring insights to the table so we can grow in the right ways.Explore 152 Jobs
Be on the frontlines of attracting, engaging and retaining top talent that’s helping us change banking for good.Explore 62 Jobs
Marketing and Communications
Help us tell our story, connect with customers and introduce our products and to the world.Explore 15 Jobs
Help us communicate how we’re changing banking for good, and ensure our brand is one of the most recognized in the industry.Explore 25 Jobs
Analyze, develop and test the strategies that pull insights from our data and move us forward.Explore 24 Jobs
Use your strategic and analytical skills to help solve major challenges and make both our business and banking, better.Explore 96 Jobs
Offer simple answers to complex questions, while helping both our team and customers thrive.Explore 82 Jobs
Move our innovations closer to reality by mitigating legal risk with your expertise and ability to advise on strategic business decisions.Explore 18 Jobs