Business Analysis Manager – Café Market StrategyApply now Job ID R74579 Updated date 05/07/2019 Location McLean, Virginia; New York, New York; Chicago, Illinois
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Business Analysis Manager at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You'll team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
The Retail Bank is embarking on an audacious blitz to grow Customers and deposits – via compelling new products, competitive pricing, and groundbreaking market strategies. As we hope to build a national banking brand, we’ve deployed a fleet of cafes, which serve as our way of adding a truly revolutionary physical customer experience to our standout marketing, industry-leading products, and an award-winning digital experience. These strategies are resulting in us attracting a wave of new Customers. Our thin network of iconic cafes will help us not only showcase our brand in a truly stand-out fashion to these Customers but also allow us to develop meaningful connections within the communities we serve.
Our Café Market Strategy team is looking for a talented Analyst to help us shape our long-term café strategy. We’ve already opened three dozen of our flagship Capital One Cafes around the country and are working to determine how our cafes should fit into our long-term bank ecosystem. Are you interested in partnering with a team of talented geographic & business analysts to understand what value our cafes are driving both within our markets and to our customers? Do you crave white-space and the opportunity to create & solve analysis that will shape a large bank’s long-term network strategy? Are you excited by the opportunity to marry data & empirical, on-the-ground analysis to relentlessly pursue hypotheses until the case is solved? If so, read on!
Newcomers to the Consumer Bank will find a young, pulled-up-by-the-bootstraps, hungry organization looking to expand rapidly, build national-scale, and frankly shock the industry – using our physical presence & marketing as a key lever to do so. Roles in the Bank are broad in scope and responsibility - this opportunity is definitely no exception. If you’d like to be in an ultimate real-life classroom and if the opportunity to shape the future of the Bank’s flagship customer experience excites you, this is the opportunity for you!
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic Leadership: Develop business strategies that will drive growth, profitability, and competitive success for Capital One in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory demands.
- Partnership & Teamwork: Partner with a diverse team of SMEs from the economic valuations, geographic analysis, real estate, and finance space to create a cohesive agenda & drive results that meaningfully impact our long-term physical presence strategy.
- Strategic & Analytic Orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills & a thirst for white-space must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that our investment decisions are founded upon sound modeling and analytically-driven problem solving.
- Execution: Manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements, and execute against our market strategy. Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently.
- Influence: Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the enterprise. Analyst should foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results.
- Strong Executive Communication Skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills. Ability to effectively synthesize analysis for an executive audience is essential.
- Clear Results Orientation: Display an intense focus on achieving both short- and long-term goals. Analyst should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment.
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in analysis
- Master’s Degree
- 1+ years of experience in network strategy
- 5+ years of experience in analysis
- 2+ years of experience in financial services
- 1+ year of experience in consulting
- 2+ years of experience in people management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).