Capital Officer AnalystApply now Job ID R76079 Updated date 05/16/2019 Location Los Angeles, California
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Community Finance Capital Officers seek to leverage our ability to bring debt and equity investment capital to our clients, while serving as the lead marketers for our products and managing specific geographic markets. Once business is located, they lead the deal team through approval and closing of both debt and/or equity for each deal. They recommend product pricing and manage resources toward agreed upon targets. They are leaders in their communities, with their broad expertise in bringing capital to bear on critical community issues. The Principal Associate, Capital Officer may perform some responsibilities independently, but frequently under the guidance or direction of more senior Capital Officers.
- Supports senior Capital Officer(s) financing of transactions with: Low income housing tax credits (LIHTC), tax exempt bonds, new market tax credits, funding from US Department of Housing and Urban development (HUD), including HOPE VI, HAP contracts, and public housing, and other state/local governmental financing sources.
- Under the guidance/direction of the originations manager or designee, plans portfolio growth through the development of a business plan and customer call program in alignment with departmental budget and consistent with overall Bank objectives
- Supports other account officers in their efforts to obtain new business and retain existing customer relationships for the bank, including by attending client and industry events
- In consultation with the originations manager or designee, performs the proper pre-qualification, structuring, pricing of all debt and proprietary investments. Presents deal proposals to originations manager or designee and credit risk manager and keeps deal team informed.
- In consultation with the originations manager or designee, negotiates both debt and equity investments related to community development transactions
- Assists in managing national relationships with fund managers of low income housing tax credits
- Assists originations manager or designee in the closing of all transactions originated including working with internal and external teams to obtain final credit approval, achieving timely closing and keeping management informed
- Supports originations manager or designee coordination with various CF functional teams and other departments in the servicing of client relationship and in resolving any client issues that rise beyond the day to day responsibilities of Portfolio Management.
- Develops knowledge of competitor’s products and pricing in the market served to identify community needs and opportunities for the bank to serve.
- Assists originations manage pipeline process, maintain monthly team reports, resource materials for existing and new CRA markets, brand/marketing materials and form template documents.
- College degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of specialized experience in commercial real estate or at least 3 years of real estate development or at least 3 years of Community Finance client management, underwriting or asset management
- MBA or Master’s degree in Finance or Real Estate Development
- 5+ years of specialized experience in Community Finance
- Completion of credit training program (or equivalent work experience)
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation and influencing skills with a high level of attention to detail.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).