Software Engineer (DevTools)Apply now Job ID R75667 Updated date 05/13/2019 Location London, England
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer (DevTools)
Salary - Competitive
Location - London
What you’ll do:
Working within an agile environment, you’ll work alongside other development teams to ship robust, tested and secure web and service technologies to the cloud, in repeatable and frictionless patterns. Software development (40%) and cloud infrastructure engineering (60%) is central in this role in order to understand, anticipate and solve the problems that engineers encounter. You’ll be enabled and given the tools to solve these problems and empower fellow engineers, helping to create great experiences for our customers.
What we’re looking for:
● Familiarity with modern CI/CD tools such as: Jenkins, TeamCity, CircleCI, Artifactory, etc.
● Experience with tools like Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker
● Experience in engineering services in cloud environments- AWS, GCP
● A thorough understanding of operating systems, particularly Linux-based systems
● Ability to work collaboratively with the team and engage with internal customers, providing tools, support and education to make it easier for engineers’ to get things done
● Ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical people, and promote good DevOps practices across Engineering
● Working knowledge of networking including DNS, load balancing and best practices
● Experience of working within an enterprise or financial services environment
● Experience deploying robust, scalable, and secure software to production environments subject to change control
● Certification in any Public Cloud platform (e.g. AWS Associate Level Solutions Architect or Microsoft MCP/Specialist in Azure)
What’s in it for you:
● We are continuing our journey into the public cloud and have problems of scale, security, availability and performance for you to help solve.
● We love continuous learning and that’s why we give you 10% of your time to work on cutting edge innovative projects that shape the way we will work in the future
● We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
● Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
● Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. In London, you can heighten your mood with a run on our rooftop running track or an espresso at the Workshop Coffee café
● Find out more through our UK careers site (http://www.capitalonecareers.co.uk/) or by exploring the @IAmCapitalOne Twitter tag.
Date Apps Open - 13/05/2019
Date Apps Close - 09/06/2019Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).