Software Engineer - Kitchener LabApply now Job ID R52394 Updated date 07/25/2018 Location Kitchener, Ontario
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
The Kitchener lab is a team of Software Engineers and Data Scientists who are developing the next generation of products for Capital One. Our projects are at the intersection of data science, design, and technology, so we are looking some someone who sees the potential in how new ideas can be combined to deliver ambitious projects.
We are a small DIY team, so we are looking for versatile teammates who are comfortable breaking new ground and learning from scratch. You will get a chance to get your hands dirty on everything from infrastructure, model building, mobile to product design. The opportunity for new challenges is endless.
What you might do:
- Work with a team of 4-5 to create new features for our mobile apps, releasing features to our beta users, and analyzing the feedback.
- Guide the direction of technical decisions and architecture for new products and designs.
- Participate in primary research, pitch new ideas, and interpret the feedback from our beta testers. Ideas don’t come from above here; the team is very involved in generating and evaluating the projects we take on.
- Cloud everything. You have access to any infrastructure you need.
- Open Source. The right tool for the right job, no constraints on the tools you need to build something great. Generally, our stack tends to be Java and Python.
- Extensive enterprise APIs and micro services to help you build new products without reinventing the wheel.
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, Engineering, or another quantitative field.
- At least 2 years of experience in in a professional software engineering environment.
- Proven experience shaping the outcome of your projects. We want you in the driver’s seat and comfortable taking ownership of the products you work on.
- Experience with testing frameworks and CI/CD tools. We value high quality automated and reusable code.
- Interest in authentication and security patterns. We make no compromises on security, so an understanding of security patterns is a big plus.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).