Manager, Commercial Real Estate - Architectural/Structural Engineer IApply now Job ID R96871 Updated date 05/22/2020 Location Houston, Texas; McLean, Virginia; New Orleans, Louisiana; Dallas, Texas; King of Prussia, Pennsylvania; New York, New York
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
This person will be responsible for all real estate loan technical services for the division. This includes the review and approval of plans, specifications, budgets, schedules, contracts and reports. Also, performs site inspections when necessary or requested. Qualifies and engages outside consultants to perform pre-closing analysis and monitoring inspections. All of these are key elements in protecting Capital One Bank’s loan assets.
• Review project plans, specifications, construction agreements, cost, budgets, and project schedules as required under the terms of our construction loan commitments, as a key element in the loan closing and disbursement process
• Analyze and mitigate risks to Capital One Bank
• Perform occasional site inspections of work in process on construction loans when required or requested. Attend progress meeting with outside consultants, developers, and contractors
• Review third-party inspection reports for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with Capital One Bank’s requirements
• Work closely with internal teams such as, Construction Loan Administration and Portfolio Management to monitor the construction loan
• Make recommendations for funding, budget, and schedule adequacy
• Attend Real Estate/Portfolio Management Construction Meetings to present project status and/ or potential issues
• Provide monthly status report on construction loans to the Real Estate Department Manager
• Inspect properties representing collateral on construction loans in conjunction with annual credit reviews to provide a check of the physical condition of collateral. Occasionally perform annual reviews/inspections on real estate collateral for term loans
• Qualify, hire, and manage work products of specific outside consultants authorized to perform construction and inspection services for Capital One Bank
• Perform additional functions to include, but not limited to, review of Property Condition Assessments, Seismic Risk Assessments, and Planning and Zoning reports related to term and construction loans
• Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering (Civil or Structural), or Construction Management
• Registered Architect or Professional Engineer
• At least 1 year of financial services industry experience engaging directly with commercial real estate transactions and construction
• At least 1 year of consulting experience with a focus on lender construction monitoring scope of services
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).