Senior Network Operations Center Firewall AnalystApply now Job ID R85359 Updated date 10/10/2019 Location Glen Allen, Virginia; Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Capital One Sr Network Operations Center Firewall Analyst, on any given day you will:
- Demonstrate strong technical understanding of one or more core network security technologies, including firewalls, load balancer, proxy, NAC, Cyber Protection (DDoS) and basic Cisco networking knowledge
- Tenaciously manage network security environment to ensure it is operating at optimal levels through proactive monitoring
- Drive incident and problem resolution – leveraging strengths of other associates as needed to identify actions which will lead to resolution of operational issues and problems.
- Consult with other technology support groups, network security engineering, and management as part of problem resolution efforts
- Demonstrate strong technical understanding of core networking technologies, including routing and switching
Successful candidates will possess:
- Knowledge of how to configure, support, and troubleshoot Checkpoint firewalls and Palo Alto firewalls
- Solid understanding of one or more network security technologies (proxy servers, firewalls, or load balancers)
- Experience troubleshooting one or more network security technologies (proxy servers, firewalls, or load balancers)
- Checkpoint Certified Systems Administrator (CCSA) certification or equivalent knowledge (firewall operation, how to interpret firewall logs, Network address Translation), site-to-site IPSec VPN connections
- Checkpoint Certified Systems Engineer (CCSE) certification or equivalent knowledge
- Palo Alto Networks Accredited Configuration Engineer (ACE) certification or equivalent knowledge
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE) certification or equivalent knowledge
- Experience using network management tools and packet captures to resolve operational issues
- Solid understanding of routing and switching
- Basic knowledge of incident management, problem management, and change management best-practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills due to the need to communicate extensively with remote team members and vendors
- A bias toward action, along with an internal drive for continuous improvement
- Ability to prioritize, execute tasks, and make sound decisions in high pressure situations
- Curiosity. You ask why, you explore, you’re not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea. It didn’t really kill the cat
- No fear. Big, undefined problems and operational issues don’t frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you’ve broken open the whole nut and then clearly explain the issue in a manner that people who aren’t as knowledgeable in your area of expertise can understand A passion for teamwork, collaboration, and keen attention to detail
- Strong customer service orientation High degree of self-motivation and self-direction
- Ability to work in a fast paced, often changing environment, and find your own path in ambiguous situations
- Experience working with a large geographically distributed network environment
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 2 years of experience in a network security infrastructure support role
- At least 2 years of experience in packet capture tools
- At least 1 year of experience configuring, supporting and troubleshooting firewalls including site-to-site IPSec VPN connections and Network Address Translation
- Associates degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- At least 5 years of experience in a network security infrastructure support role
- At least 3 year of experience in packet capture tools
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE) certification
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) certification
- Checkpoint Certified Systems Administrator (CCSA) certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).