Senior Business Analyst - Bank Customer Resiliency
Category Business Analyst
Experience Sr. Associate
Primary Address Glen Allen, Virginia
OverviewKnolls 5 (12022), United States of America, Glen Allen, VirginiaSenior Business Analyst - Bank Customer Resiliency
Summary: As a Senior Business Analyst at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
This analyst will be a core member of the Consumer and Small Business Bank Customer Resiliency (BCR) group managing the credit analytics of the Bank Collections and Recoveries, Credit Bureau Reporting and Bankruptcy. The analyst will be core to understand the credit work for the loss mitigation strategy, build credit analysis, monitoring, and reporting. The role will be responsible to build, evaluate, and manage the key credit metrics and will work with Product, Technology, Operations, and other partner teams to improve the credit performance of the group.
- SME on any credit impact due to upstream and downstream changes e.g. Stimulus program, new product launch, macro economic changes, etc.
- Structured management of the collections and recoveries strategies, planning of credit decisions, management of credit monitoring activities, etc.
- Working closely with colleagues across Capital One including Operations, Marketing and Analytics, Data Scientists, Finance, Risk Management and others to drive improvement in analytical quality, credit results and profitability
- Spotting unidentified risks, ensuring policy adherence and developing infrastructure that supports sound risk management
- Challenging the status quo, while supporting the shaping of the strategic intent for products and marketing efforts
- Supporting step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, and testing hypotheses using rigorous analysis and monitoring
- Analysis: Identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve for them using analysis to make strategic or tactical recommendations
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 1 year of experience in analysis
- Master’s Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- 1+ years of experience in Statistical model building
- 1+ years of experience in market research
- 1+ years of experience in SQL querying
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis
- 1+ years of experience in consulting
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
How We Hire
We take finding great coworkers pretty seriously.
Step 1 Apply
It only takes a few minutes to complete our application and assessment.
Step 2 Screen and Schedule
If your application is a good match you’ll hear from one of our recruiters to set up a screening interview.
Step 3 Interview(s)
Now’s your chance to learn about the job, show us who you are, share why you would be a great addition to the team and determine if Capital One is the place for you.
Step 4 Decision
The team will discuss — if it’s a good fit for us and you, we’ll make it official!
How to Pick the Perfect Career Opportunity
Overwhelmed by a tough career choice? Read these tips from Devon Rollins, Senior Director of Cyber Intelligence, to help you accept the right offer with confidence.
Your wellbeing is our priority
Our benefits and total compensation package is designed for the whole person. Caring for both you and your family.
Healthy Body, Healthy Mind
You have options and we have the tools to help you decide which health plans best fit your needs.
Save Money, Make Money
Secure your present, plan for your future and reduce expenses along the way.
Time, Family and Advice
Options for your time, opportunities for your family, and advice along the way. It’s time to BeWell.
Here’s how the team fits together. We’re big on growth and knowing who and how coworkers can best support you.
Want more jobs like this?
Set a Job Alert
Explore Your Options
Build the next generation of digital tools for our customers—we’re always innovating solutions.Explore 470 Jobs
Leverage technology in new and powerful ways to pioneer change, all in the pursuit of changing banking for good.Explore 555 Jobs
When our customers have questions about our products and services, they’ll turn to you.Explore 9 Jobs
Design and create future-forward products on a team of innovators helping to change banking for good.Explore 346 Jobs
Write code and crunch numbers, all in pursuit of developing models that solve problems—and make us a better bank.Explore 70 Jobs
Use your tech skills to stop cyber threats and help make banking safe and secure for our customers.Explore 39 Jobs
Help us tell our story by creating memorable digital experiences for our customers through your creativity and ingenuity.Explore 104 Jobs
Take your place on the front lines, representing our brand, problem solving and building relationships with the customersExplore 175 Jobs
Your outgoing personality and tech-savvy know-how can make all the difference for the customers that visit our cafés.Explore 22 Jobs
Use cutting-edge software, audit methodologies, and data science to help us make great business decisions.Explore 25 Jobs
Use your bold perspective and specialized skills to drive projects and implement financial strategies—challenging the way banking is done.Explore 84 Jobs
Deliver expert advice, superior products and best-in-class service to our commercial partners.Explore 37 Jobs
Your entrepreneurial mindset and expertise leads to one-of-a-kind service for every small business owner you assist.Explore 26 Jobs
Use your expertise and perspective to bring insights to the table so we can grow in the right ways.Explore 188 Jobs
Be on the frontlines of attracting, engaging and retaining top talent that’s helping us change banking for good.Explore 61 Jobs
Marketing and Communications
Help us tell our story, connect with customers and introduce our products and to the world.Explore 11 Jobs
Help us communicate how we’re changing banking for good, and ensure our brand is one of the most recognized in the industry.Explore 43 Jobs
Analyze, develop and test the strategies that pull insights from our data and move us forward.Explore 24 Jobs
Use your strategic and analytical skills to help solve major challenges and make both our business and banking, better.Explore 84 Jobs
Offer simple answers to complex questions, while helping both our team and customers thrive.Explore 93 Jobs
Move our innovations closer to reality by mitigating legal risk with your expertise and ability to advise on strategic business decisions.Explore 14 Jobs