Business Director - Central Strategy & AnalyticsApply now Job ID R87698 Updated date 11/18/2019 Location Glen Allen, Virginia; McLean, Virginia; New York, New York
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Business Analysis Director at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
The Central Strategy & Analytics team is responsible for owning the strategic direction for Customer Protection by engaging across the leadership team, monitoring our progress, and synthesizing the initiatives underway. Your materials will help tell our Customer Protection story to senior executives, including the CEO.
Core Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Chart the path for the fraud strategy. Connect with internal risk owners, bring in external industry perspective and lead development of the 3-5-year plan for Customer Protection. Will require building deep expertise in fraud and partnerships with industry colleagues.
2. Develop view of external vendors/partners and proactively identify relevant solutions. Coordinate with fraud technical leads to evaluate applicability and develop business cases.
3. Develop decks and communication material for use with CEO and other senior leadership. Requires ability to tell a story and synthesize complex data.
4. Act as main point of contact and representative for CP for external partners such as CRM (Credit Risk Management), ORM (Ops risk management), Compliance, Regulators, etc.
5. Lead horizontal initiatives such as budget, audit, credit reviews, etc. This includes leading analytic routines for CP (e.g., MBR, QBR) and preparing relevant materials for inclusion in RDB routines.
6. Lead the monitoring team. As people manager, guide professional development for the team.
7. Complete qualifications to serve as credit governance lead. Ensure all credit decisions are executed properly and help train credit to analyst and product people. Lead the credit summit for bank.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 7 years of experience in analysis
- Master’s Degree
- 10+ years of experience in analysis
- 2+ years of experience in financial services
- 2+ years of experience in consulting
- 3+ years of experience in people management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).