At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manages a commercial loan department or division which maintains commercial deposit and loan account relationships focused on a geographic region or segment. Key functions include analyzing and approving loan requests, and developing new business for the bank. Also supervises relationship managers, portfolio managers and administrative assistants in customer marketing and in loan portfolio management following budgeted goals.
- Supervises a department or division of bankers (relationship managers, portfolio managers and administrative staff) who are responsible for all aspects of maintaining and developing commercial banking relationships with a strong emphasis on customer service. The focus of the business unit is to maintain existing relationships and to develop new relationships by offering core products such as commercial loans and demand and time deposits. The cross selling of other bank services is also important.
- Oversees the analysis of commercial loan requests for approval or denial, including the structuring and pricing of those requests in order to fit within the Bank's Commercial lending policy.
- May also maintain a direct portfolio of commercial accounts while functioning in a supervisory role.
- Analyzes and approves the Department's loans prior to submission to the Loan Committee.
- Recommends promotions, terminations and salary adjustments for subordinates. Interviews job applicants and recommend them for hire. Trains, counsels and disciplines subordinates on job performance. Controls department workflow to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Conducts regular department meetings, credit meetings, sales/marketing meetings to ensure goal attainment
- Ensures quality and conformity of the department's loan portfolio through review of financial information and maintenance of collateral.
- Develops and guides customer marketing program with call quotas for the Department or Division and establishes sales performance measures.
- Meets with Regional Manager for loan, deposit and staff updates.
- Develops the departments strategic and profit plans by analyzing present position and trends in the department and by establishing performance objectives for the year. Submits plans to the Regional Manager.
- Prepares performance reviews on staff and recommend salary adjustments.
- Implements loan division goals and follow budget.
Bachelors Degree or military experience
At least 10 years of commercial banking experience.
5 years of Commercial lending experience in a major bank (Credit and management training).
5 years of generalists banking background in exempt level personnel work.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).