Vice President, Diversified Industries - Specialty Underwriter & Portfolio ManagerApply now Job ID R70581 Updated date 07/16/2019 Location Chicago, Illinois
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One is a Top 10 U.S. Commercial Bank that services a $65 billion loan portfolio and more than 6,100 clients. Capital One’s U.S. Corp/Mid-Corp/Sponsor group provides financing to medium to large companies for mergers and acquisitions, corporate growth, balance sheet re-financings and recapitalizations.
We are looking for a Vice President level candidate with strong leveraged lending experience to provide credit management leadership to cross-functional deal teams in underwriting private equity transactions, as well as large corporate transactions for public and private companies. This includes, but is not limited to, deal due diligence, compliance, negotiation, approval and documentation. You coach and develop junior underwriting professionals.
- Plays a key role completing and presenting pre-screen memos, credit approval memos, collateral analysis, cash flow modeling, and risk rating assessment.
- Leads or directly involved in underwriting and documenting structured loan transactions. Performs underwriting diligence, including industry research, company research, identifying a borrower’s performance drivers, projecting future corporate and asset performance and anticipated ability to repay debt, as well as assessing how stress cases impact the credit.
- Prepares risk assessments and presents senior management with a clear and consistent approach to mitigate credit, legal, regulatory and other relevant risks.
- Maintain detailed financial models; develop sensitivity analysis around key economic drivers.
- Maintain all operational aspects of a transaction from deal initiation to close.
- Negotiates terms and conditions for transactions and works with cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate documentation.
- Manages accounts to ensure customer retention and performance to specifications.
- Coaches and develops junior team members.
- Partners with Relationship Managers to cultivate excellent client relationships. Exhibits a sense of urgency towards meeting client requests while also meeting acceptable risk parameters.
- Ensures compliance in credit policies and procedures.
- Evaluate risk/return dynamics for proposed transactions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 8 years of finance experience or at least 8 years of accounting experience
- Master's Degree and/or CFA
- Experience in gaming, lodging and leisure sector
- At least 2 years of experience leading legal documentation negotiations
- At least 3 years of leveraged lending experience
- At least 1 year of people management experience
- Demonstrated superior leadership with ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Able to work in a team environment, while interacting with multiple teams and multiple deals concurrently.
- Strong executive presence and communication skills.
- Strong background in financial statement analysis, financial modeling and valuation.
- High partnership and strong risk management orientation.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).