Sr. Manager Tech LeadApply now Job ID R88389 Updated date 11/27/2019 Location Chicago, Illinois
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
While working on Capital One’s Card Technology team, you will have the opportunity to work with creative engineers, technical leads, product owners, and strategists on solving day to day issues for our card users. In this role, you will lead our Card Technology teams through modernizing APIs to new platforms, and oversee the management of our card servicing and operational data.
As a Sr. Manager Tech Lead you will:
- Demonstrate both effective people management and disciplined software development leadership
- Partner closely with product management on new business Initiatives (grooming, prioritizing, delivery, impediment removal, solutions architecture)
- Collaborate with product and engineering leadership to construct a product delivery strategy, roadmaps, and timelines
- Work with teams to provide enhancements and support on current web services (SOAP and REST)
- Lead technical discussions across cross functional teams
- Provide senior level support and leadership within our core technologies which include Java, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and micro services
- Continue to shape the team’s business capabilities on the cloud with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Work with team to continuously improve software engineering practices
- Recruit top talent and ensure team members are sharpening their skills and growing their careers
- Encouraging innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 10 years of Java Development experience
- At least 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Cloud technology experience
- At least 2 years of people management experience
- Master’s Degree
- Formal certification in one of the following: Java, Spring, or AWS
- 5+ years of experience developing RESTful APIs using either Spring or Jersey
- 4+ years of experience with AWS or cloud technology
- 1+ years of experience in Golang
- 4+ years of people management experience
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).